2011 Cascadia rear tail light problem

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Matts155, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    The rear tail light on the driver side won't turn on when I have the parking lights on, but the signal and flasher and braking part of the light works. I picked up new one thinking it was bad light but new one does the same, I tried switching the passenger side connection to the driver side and everything works as it should, I know I should have done that before I picked up the new one, lol. What is the best way to diagnose where the disconnect is for the parking light function to work? Also I picked up an new air filter for this truck, anyone direct me to install instructions or video?
    lmk
    thanks for any help
    DD-15 engine

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Reason for edit: addition
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    google Cascadia maintenance manual.. you will find instruction how to change the air filter there.
    do you have any active fault code ? if light is not working you must have fault code,

4. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Hey thanks for the replay, I have the maintenance manual already but says I need a workshop manual that shows how to install the air filter, it a large retangular filter housed in black outer foam.
    I have no fault codes that that I can see, like I said, the light signals, flashes and when the brake light function all work, it's just not lit up like the other one when I have the parking lights on.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Rear tail light on driver side on just tractor, Trailer, or both? If its tractor I would check at junction box, trailer check at pig tail and if it has power there then find the broken wire.

6. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Its just the tractor light, you have connection that goes right into the light itself then each light have a grey type harness connection which is where each signal seems to be separated, so the signal that tells the light to come on when parking light is selected is not getting to the light.

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    99% you can't fix the light issue. go to dealer or find a shop who has diagnosticlink 8 . the wires for bulbs are coming out from sam chassis...

8. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I hardly bob tail and I don't know if they would pull me over for being out when the signal portion and braking and flashers function work on that light.

9. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Yeh I guess I have to take it to a shop.
    thanks
    Matt

10. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Yes you better take it to the shop!

11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    how to replace air filter

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.