2011 Cascadia SERIOUS electrical problem URGENT help needed please!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by luthoro, Jun 21, 2013.

1. luthoro

luthoro Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2011
    All 48
    The only other thing I can think of is that the SAM Cab module failed...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Its been a while since I had a cascadia but I think I remember some sort of box where the kill switch cables joined with the rest of the cables...maybe the cable fuses are in there? I dunno

4. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Well , you might try bypassing the kill switch and just join those two cables together.

I have no experience with Cascadias btw.

5. Lone Ranger 13

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    On the other hand , if there is a fuse in there, don't don't bypass it.

6. Lone Ranger 13

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Do u have a voltmeter. And if so what is the voltage reading? Should show 12 volts when engine is off.

7. luthoro

Nov 3, 2011
    All 48
    I looked at the connector into the kill switch and there are four wires running inyo it. No way of knowing which 2 to jump togther. No I dont have a volt meter but the RoadSquad guy did and there's plenty of power in the batteries. Gonna call the dealer in New Haven in the morning and see if they have a kill switch in stock. Idk how I'm gonna sleep tonight since i cant even roll my windows up let alone have air conditioning.

Oh, did I mention that earlier I went to get out and forgot that the battery box cover was off? I fell and landed on the side of my foot and now I'm in incredible pain and can't walk. As if being broken down wasn't enough bad luck.

8. Polarbear

Polarbear Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2007
    USA
    The Cascadia is full of computers and modules. You are better off having Freightliner diagnose the issue. The TA Road Squad people should have the plug and computer to read the codes and make a diagnosis. They can't fix anything, but they can look at it. Otherwise Freightliner is your only option. You will spend hours, days, and more swollen ankles trying to find the problem with that truck. I recommend Liberty Freightliner in Birmingham or the freightliner in Knoxville, TN. Good Luck!

9. SunsetMech

SunsetMech Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Waxahachie TX
    Iv'e had two do this to me. first one was the ground cable was loose under the cab on the passanger side. The other was a ground loose on a fuse box located on the firewall. The fuse box is on the driverside, its the one with the 2 yellow clips holding it together. Make sure you have power all through those fuses aswell. They look like a link fuse basically. If i remember right theres a 175amp,and two 125amps in there. if that doest help im lost aswell lol good luck buddy!

10. luthoro

Nov 3, 2011
    All 48
    Ended up being the battery kill switch itself had gone bad. Thankfully Freightliner in New Haven had one in stock. Thanks for the help guys! Now I'm at tge hospital finding out if I fractured my ankle/foot from that fall last night or if its just sprained badly.

...a flatbed driver trying to tarp and secure loads on crutches will no doubt be quite an amusing sight for other drivers :-\

11. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Lemme know where you load up first, I want a front row seat!

Ahem, I mean i want to help!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.