2011 Durastar electrical issues

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Erik2003, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Erik2003

Erik2003 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2023
    Hey all, got a 2011 Durastar rollback in the shop with some interesting issues... first issue is the center stack (radio, switchpacks) will random die and then randomly come back. Issue mainly happens when the trucks hot.
    2nd issue: whenever you use the wiper switch it turns the lights on, wipers dont work.
    Any help is greatly appreciated i can give more info as needed just quickly typing this up.
    Few other things i thought id add... Removed the radio and found it was making contact with the dash frame, visible mark. Radio and the 3 ignition and the acc. relays are upwards of 100 degrees with a heat gun when the trucks hot regardless if its acting up or not
    Edit- these are the faults the truck threw when it was acting up. Doesnt always throw codes though.
    SPN 2225| FMI #9- RPM #1 Data link comm. failure abnormal update rate
    SPN 2636| FMI #5- Wiper On/Off relay under current or open circuit
    SPN 520461| FMI #9- Switch 6-pack #1 dlc failure
    SPN 520462| FMI #9- Switch 6 pack #2 dlc failure

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Sounds like a ground or ECU issue, but i don't have personal experience with that truck.

I would start with checking, and verifying, all cab grounds. Simple jumper cables make it quick to rule out

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  4. Erik2003

Erik2003 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2023
    Yea, ive been going through everything most grounds are checking out good so its just been a frustrating one

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Both the switch packs and radio get their power from the Accessory Relay #1. Remove the relay and check the terminals to make sure none are spread. You can also swap the relay with another one for testing purposes. As for the wipers, as a safety feature, once the body controller sees an input to turn on the wipers, it will turn on the lights until the light switch is turned on then off, or key cycle. The wiper code you are getting is due to an open circuit in the wiper on/off circuit control by the main wiper relay. Make sure the Wiper Power Relay is in it's proper socket and the terminals are good.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.