2011 International 4300 wiper issues

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by AGShop, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Sebby1975

Sebby1975 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2023
    @Heavyd I have the same Issue with my 2011 International 4300.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Reason for edit: I posted the same thing twice
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sebby1975

Sebby1975 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2023
    @Heavyd You're a savior. I have the same Issues with my 2011 International 4300 . Wipers stopped working at about 230 000km . They worked sporadically when on high or if wired to ground with the harness off the motor. Then I did a tune up and changed the batteries. All 3 . They suddenly decided to work again with the harness hooked up to the motor. It worked for about a month. Then my alternator belt broke. I replaced the alternator, belt, pulley and tensioner. Now they're back to not working again. I took my Truck in for an MVI. They're still trying to figure out what is wrong with the Wipers. I'm worried they're going to try and blow smoke up where the sun don't shine and try to charge me for extra time and or for a new motor. Do you think that it can be anything else than what you replied in the Original post? If I try B92 wire and A82F and it still doesn't work. What's the next step? Is there a 100% method to solve this issue without spending too much time troubleshooting?
    Thanks again for sharing your expertise. You're a great help.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    At your wiper motor connector, its a 5 wire connector. The connector body itself will have small letters molded into it to show what each cavity is. Disconnect it and check for power with a test light. With the key on, you will have battery power at A all the time, (wire A82D, grey). C is ground,(A82-G, white). D will have battery power when wipers turned to HIGH, (A82K grey). E will have power when the wipers are on LOW, (A82L). Make these checks first. If the power isn't there when commanded, then further troubleshooting is needed. The wipers are controlled by the body controller, I always recommend people to take their trucks to techs who know Internationals, International wiring and have DLB software to see what the body controller is doing. Right off the bat, you need to plug into the body controller with DLB software and you can instantly see if the computer is getting the proper signal commands from the wiper switch and then go from there.

• Truckers Report Jobs