2011 prostar wont turn over??

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by K1500, Apr 19, 2018.

1. K1500

K1500 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018
    2011 international prostar with a cummins isx and a 13 speed eaton fuller.
    I was in Texas rolling down I37 just past corpus cristi when I heard a noise kinda like dadadadadadadada. Not a knock from the engine kinda noise. Sound like it was coming from right under me. Let off the cruise was slowing down and all the sudden sound of something breaking. Engine shuts down clutch like sucked in a bit and was super spongy and I pushed it to the floor and it wouldn't let me take the shifter out of gear. Coasted to the shoulder. Stopped pulled with all my might and finally pulled the shifter out of gear. Smoke was coming from the inspection hole on the bell housing and there was some oil not a ton but some oil had been puked out of the crank case tube. Tried to turn the engine back on and it wouldn't turn over. It acted like it was being held back. Not a click noise but like it wanted to turn it but it was jammed.

Towed it to freightliner because that was the only shop willing to look at it. They turn the key look under the hood look under the truck say yep its seized.

I ended up sending another guy to look at the truck and he said he was able to turn it back and forth by hand. Well with tools pulling on the tools not actually by hand but you know what I mean. He said it felt like the cylinders may have been pressurized. Like a hydro lock.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this or have any idea what it may possibly be? Truck was running perfect up to this point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    When you pulled out the oil dipstick while you were wait for tow what did oil look like??

4. K1500

K1500 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Black and full. Wasn't milky at all.

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Your clutch could've grenaded causing your engine to seize.

You need to drop the transmission and see what happened to the clutch.

6. K1500

K1500 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018
    I looked up through the inspection hole and the clutch looks perfectly fine....

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.