2011 T660, ISX Cummings No accel.

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Iceman82, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Iceman82

Iceman82 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Land O Lakes FL
    So going throught the mountains of South Carolina, I found that while going down a steep incline, my truck instead of free wheeling after the governer kicked in, that my truc actualy started to slow down by itself. I just barley made it into to the rest area. I shut the truck off, got out took a look around, no lights on, no leakes, no nothing. So I got back in, started the truck, rev'd it up, which it did, and left the rest area. Went through the gears made it to 9th and same deal, except it decelerated much faster this time, with my foot to the floor. It's at a KW dealer, but just in case they tell me nothing is wrong I wanna see if anyone has heard or had the same same issue. Also, when i was standing outside the truck waiting to be towed, I could smell a burning type electric type smell.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poorboy1

poorboy1 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    mines been doing that too, if the incline is too steep it wont slow by itself though. i havent had any accelerating problems. could you be mistaken the eleterical smell for brakes?

4. Iceman82

Iceman82 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Land O Lakes FL
    Nope i know the difference between the 2 smells. Since they perofmred some recall, which was some update for the ecm, i haven't had the problems since...:biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.