2012 / First year wages @ May

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Blue02celi, Feb 9, 2013.

1. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    I can't imagine anyone with enough experience to be making $0.42 at May would be working for May lol
    Where I am now, I make $0.40 all miles, and $0.45 anything East of I-81.
    That being said, I think we all know I LOVED my time at May, and still recommend them to anyone looking to get into trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    Remember this post folks, remember it when anyone, a recruiter, another driver (because we all know truck drivers would NEVER lie or exaggerate ANYTHING), anyone. And this feller stayed out! If you want some time at home, $23-27,000 is a more realistic expectation. This is what you will be making regardless what any carrier tells you.

platinum Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Sounds like you are manipulating those loose leaf logs ;)

My trainer was a 30 yr driving vet with 8 yrs at May. He loved it there and if an illness hadn't sidelined him he would still be there today. Everyone has different priorities and needs. While the majority of guys like us put in our time and leave, there is still a large contingency of drivers who have been there for years.

platinum and sky king Thank this.
  5. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    I wanted to stay for a long time when I first started. For me though, the company wasn't the same as when I first started. After quite a few shake ups around the Denver office, it just didn't have that same open door feeling as it used to have. I wish I cold of stayed longer, but it just wasn't financially feasible for me to do so.

platinum Thanks this.
  6. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    From last january when i started, besides the head dm, safety guy and the terminal manager, all the people in denver have been replaced. I had 4 DM's in my year there

7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    What happened?

8. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    Were the drivers terminated for that disgusting display of "hygienic" behavior?

9. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    They changed their business model.

They are after the Stimulus Money (Obama Cash). $10,000 per new hire if they stay working at least 90 days. So, after Orientation, 2-3 weeks with trainer, then the 90/90 program (90 days of $90 a day). Thats well over the 90 days employment, May qualifies for the 10k Stimulus.

After that 90/90 .. The new driver is on normal CPM. When he gets no miles, he quits .. May hire to replace .. Its a good scam .. They "hired over 500 new drivers in 2012 ... Yet they still have the same amount of trucks ..

Now .. 500 x $10,000 .... You do the Math

10. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
  11. RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013

I don't blame anyone but Truckers for this kind of crap. We're too stupid and stubborn to unite and FORCE change in this industry. This is why we deal with everything from DOT harassment, slave wages and DAC Report fraud; because Truck Drivers are idiots. Plain and simple. Teachers unions may be hated, but they back each other up. Same with Firemen and Police Officers. We are just as important to this country but unfortunately you have everything from Racism to Political BS keeping truckers from saying "You know what, we may have our differences, but we all want to feed our families. Let's cut the crap and work together".

Nope.

This is partially why I'm 25 years old and already looking for another career path. Screw 31K per year for this kind of work while some owner and his brats are driving to the yard in brand new shiny Mercedes and Ferraris (I worked for Stevens Transport, where the brat-pack would actually park their goodies right in plain sight for us wage slaves to see).

I'd rather grind on my own than be someone's sucker.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.