2012 volvo hard start

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by good84, Feb 28, 2021.

1. good84

good84 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2012
    No I am not planning on doing the injectors if it comes to it.

Update if I pinch off the line going from the filter housing back to the tank when I shut the truck off it will start right back up. If I pinch off the line leaving the head going to the filter housing and shut the truck off it will lose prime. Does this mean the filter housing is bad? Any other way to check it? Also I have already changed the check valve on the front of the head. Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2020
    So pinching off the line from the head to the filter housing is the injector return...loosing prime there means problem is ahead of the injectors which comes from the fuel filter housing.....blocking off the line from the filter housing to the tanks means and holding a prime means you holding fuel in the filter housing......common component...filter housing.
    You can check the pressure on the "pressure side" and the "pressure side" of the housing.
    If you send me a message with your contact info i can forward you a bit of info on checking this and the rest of the system....

4. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    If it's the secondary fuel filter (water seperator) you can remove the check valve and clean it.
    Also, isn't there a check valve at the head as well?

5. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2020
    I'm not sure if thats possible as i've never seen anyone post up anything about it......one of these days i'm going to take mine off and tear it apart...the manual pump is leaking anyways so i have nothing to loose.

6. good84

good84 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2012
    just to update it needed a new six pack . thanks for all your help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.