2013 Maxxforce 9/10 rough running and codes when cold

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Trucktek78, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Navistar ECMs always code for open or short, it can't tell which failure it is, unfortunately. After your testing, you may be right about it being an ecm. I would always try a test ECM to confirm. Your choices are becoming limited at this point. An ECM will work from another truck as long as it is any DT 9 or 10 Maxxforce from 2010 emission model engine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thathat250

Thathat250 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Did you ever figure this issue outmay have a 12' doing the identical thing. Changed 3/4 injector, under cover injector harness, verified all wiring. Put a test ecm in from a different truck, still running rough cold. This truck a nightmare to work on.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You probably have another injector with stiction problems. Basically the inside of the injector is gummed up and does not work properly until it warms up and the gummy oil inside it loosens up enough from the heat to start firing normally.

5. Navtech

Navtech Light Load Member

May 9, 2019
    When checking resistance with at the injector with the valve cover off the specs previously stated are correct, but I did not see the PIN number check between pin 1 and 4 they will be on top of each other like this
    1. X
    4. X. <that’s a 4 pin connector I’m pretty sure that is the side they are on it is on the labeled on the back of the connector, International Diagnostics manual states when you have this DTC check all injectors I have seen one injector cut out All 3 on one bank

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.