2013 MX13 Paccar - Strange Noise

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by deercreek, Feb 15, 2017.

1. SAMT8

SAMT8 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2019
    Michigan
    Different sensor than the ambient temp read on the dash, that sensor is usually on the mirror. The humidity sensor is located on the intake side in front of the turbo and it could have a lot to do with running poorly in the cold because it doesn't know how to operate and control the boost based on the air coming in. Usually the tell tale sign though is the mysterious sound of an air like that seems impossible to find, but if you follow the steel air lines from the actuator behind turbo to the controller you will feel an exhaust plug on the motor side constantly bleeding off. You could also have an issue with the boost pressure valve that's making it erratic, putting it on a computer is really the best way to narrow it, I hate the new technology of these engines, but it does point you right to the problem when you have an issue vs throwing parts at it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sorry I'm late, no I didn't, I traded companies. It did it from the beginning until I left.

4. Andre k

Andre k Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2020
    2014 peterbilt 388, my 13 also air pocket passenger side driving normally then bang but no codes and everything seems fine. Scares the hell out of me everything..

5. Terrymartin

Terrymartin Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2021
    Did you get the problem solved? If so what was it my engine seems to make the same sound from the top end.

6. Terrymartin

Jan 6, 2021
    Mine as well makes similar. Im new to the form anyone find the solution?

7. Terrymartin

Jan 6, 2021

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Na, I left the company and never looked back

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.