2013 Western Canada DD15

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by Eagerbilt, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Eagerbilt

Eagerbilt Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Haa!...never mind, I think I got it. It was the a/c high pressure switch. Gave it a few minutes to watch the fan at 1200 rpm while parked (its -15 Celsius here). Fan was still spinning but just freewheeling. Hitting manual fan switch on dash sped up the fan fully and back to freewheeling when turned off. Fan was running at full speed before I changed the ac switch and shutting off the manual dash button did nothing...makes sense as it was always full speed.

Currently still parked at 1200 rpm and water temperature has risen to 194 Fahrenheit...this truck would never rise above 192 Fahrenheit while traveling at hwy speeds at 1400 rpm.

We'll see what she does once I get this load on and start rolling up the hwy cause I can't get it hot enough while parked to witness the fan kicking in to cool her down...the previous owner ran the southern states so her set up the speed control so that 1200 rpm is as high as it can be set. I'm northern Canada guy so I'll be getting that adjusted to suit my needs.

Thanks buddy so much for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    No problem. Glad it was a cheap fix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.