2013pete 386 trailer turn signal problem

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by rog386, Nov 10, 2013.

1. rog386

rog386 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2013
    All my lights to my truck work except my driver side turn signal on my trailer. Hooked up another truck and trailer is fine. Checked fuses under the hood and fuses next to the clutch pedal including all the relays that have to do with the trailer i switched them out with a spare still nothing. They were all okay. Changed out my elect. cord dont have any lights bulbs out. And its only the driver side.?? Cant seem to figure it out!!??:biggrin_25518::biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JayTee

JayTee Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Trailer bulb/light.

4. rog386

rog386 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2013
    @jaytee thanks for the reply. I already came to the conclusion that its not the trailer because I have hooked up other trucks to the trailer and the turn signal come on fine. Also im now currently using a different trailer and have the same turn signal problem with other trailer as well. So its most def not the trailer.?!

5. JayTee

JayTee Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I didn't read your original post correctly. Can't speak for the new signal light assemblies, but the old signal stat could get dirt on the contact which would prevent it from completing the circuit.

rog386 Thanks this.
  6. omg-downshift!

omg-downshift! Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2012
    South Texas
    The prongs inside either the male or female end of the electrical connection can become bent, loose, ect... if you plug it in with a tie wrap between them to make it tight then check flashers. I can't count how many times I've had this happen. Look at prongs and adjust them as needed.

7. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    Yes especially if you've done any hard jacking into tight places. I found loose wires inside of the trailer cord plug connector

8. Modiggs7

Modiggs7 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    I know this is an old thread, but did anyone figure the problem? I'm having the same issue with my 2012 Peterbilt 386.

9. Daysteid

Daysteid Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018

10. Daysteid

Daysteid Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Hi had the right blinker out on trailer not left. Of course did the obvious truck to trailer cord. Sent it to local shop and it worked so can’t fix it if not broke right? Well crawled all over found a connection in front of exhaust barrel left frame corrosion cleaned if put dialectic grease and so far so good. GOOD LUCK

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.