2014 337 Defrost

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by 4x4_Welder, Dec 16, 2016.

1. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    I am working on a 2014 337 that won't put air on the windshield. It has all other functions, but no defrost. Is there a way to access the defrost door controller without pulling the heater box? I'd like to get in there and check it out, maybe manually put it in defrost so the truck can be out making money while parts are on order.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pnwtrucker

Pnwtrucker Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2016
    If the dash is similar to a 389 all the actuators for that are behind the panel right below jockey box. like 4 screws to pull panel comes off and it's all right there pretty simple

4. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    Ok, this one has a pretty modern setup. Pulling the glovebox gave some access, I could see the non-motor end of the diverter door shaft. The door is a semi-circular shape, and I could see that it was not moving the full travel. I pulled the passenger side window defrost tube off the box, and that gave me some access to the door itself, so with the knob set to defrost I manually moved the door to the full defrost position. Something is stuck in there so I'll have to bring the truck back in to fix it, but at least it'll have a clear windshield now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.