2014 and Older MAC J Plates

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by ProfessionalNoticer, Sep 28, 2022.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    That's exactly why I created this thread. I would like to be able to avoid dealing with that weather seal as much as possible. Not to mention being able to handle securement with the tarp pulled over in bad weather is a selling point as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I just delivered 2 tractors, their dock is on a pretty big hill and its windy today, got inside and removed all the securement, tractors out, then went down the road to a truck stop that's flat and opened it up to deal with the chains and put everything away.

beastr123 and ProfessionalNoticer Thank this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I can save you lots of money my friend. I got a set up 8 foot lumber tarps that are nice and heavy duty ill sell to you 4 dirt cheap...

They've been used once this year and it's very highly doubtful that I'll find another load that comes close to enough money for me to use them again for a long while probably not until after 2024...

Let me know sir.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  5. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    That's the way to do it!

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  6. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    That's all have in it. Let me check with my customer and I'll get back to you.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  7. dirtyrabbit

dirtyrabbit Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    KS
    Straight is the Key.
    Hauling mostly equipment here. . Use these J plates and also the East plates almost daily. Putting the chain thru just as you would the rub rail or putting a binder hook into the plate. No matter the angle of the pull. . As long as the plane of the chain and plate is straight everything is solid. Using a larger hook on the end of the shorter chains also helps. The Reitnouer plates are thin and will not stand up to much twisting, as I received a bunch of bent-up ones with the purchase of this trailer. Once damaged they tend to crack easily. Been switching to the East now and these are really solid. And they receive flat strap hooks also.

8. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    There’s a flatbed equipment store at exit 79 off I-70 in Londn, OH (across the street from Pilot) and they have all types of plates. Sure you can pick some that will work for what you need if you ever go this way.

9BF6356F-A814-445A-A4C2-1C27130C85BB.png

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.