2014 maxxforce fuel pump cracked head

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Cdjames002, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Cdjames002

Cdjames002 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2018
    One of the heads on my high pressure fuel pump is cracked and spewing fuel everywhere. Dealer insists on replacing not repairing. The pump is almost $3300 but I've been told I can buy and replace just the cracked one for a third of the price and same efficiency as a new pump. I've been looking for the part the number and more information for days. Please help any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    At the dealer level, we do not have access to just the plunger bodies. We only sell the complete pump. It isn't that we want to rape the customer, that is how it is, pump only. If you see the parts, they are 3rd party, aftermarket or ebay used.

4. Cdjames002

Cdjames002 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Thank you HeavyD I'm not suggesting that the the dealer is bad. I just need help figuring out another option. Actually the guys at my dealer are awesome. But because of policy they can't give a part # or help with figuring out how to get me rolling w/o having to put out 4k plus.

5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    If you do a search on this forum there was a guy who had same issue. IIRC he posted Parts #. It was in 2019.....

Cdjames002 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.