2015 389 Peterbilt

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by KittyKicker, Nov 13, 2019.

1. KittyKicker

KittyKicker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2015
    You mean just by disconnecting the batteries?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You should have a master disconnect. Some trucks don't have them, Then yea disconnect the power.

4. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Sure it could. Watch for the lights to go out while unplugged. If the sensor is reading pressure the CECU will leave the brake lights on if it shows pressure(which may not be there). With no way to monitor you will be left with swapping parts. Otherwise, take it in. I would check both brake application and service brake lamp switch. the gauge stuck at 50 is what is leading us to application transducer.

KittyKicker Thanks this.
  5. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    Ok. I disconnected the brake switch earlier and with both wires taken off it still left the brake lights on. I will look for the other switch and get back to you.

6. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    Alright. I met up with the driver and swapped the brake applied transducer with the secondary air transducer. The brake lights seem to be acting fine now, and lo and behold the secondary air pressure is reading 150! So it would definitely appear that the transducer was the problem. I appreciate your help very much and hopefully that was all there was to it. Thanks again, guys!

Goodysnap and pushbroom Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.