2015 579 air conditioning

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by calvinbabb, Apr 30, 2020.

1. calvinbabb

calvinbabb Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    Air is bunk works great. In cab sux. The temp doesnt change. Always blows semi cool. When I turn the defrost on it will actually warm the cab but if I turn it to feet, chest, anywhere other than defrost, very little air come out. I have to run my bunk ac on high to keep the front tolerable. I've read, possible blend door actuator. Where is it located? I see 3 or four under the dash. Does anyone have a diagram for the 579 ac? Getting pretty aggravated with it.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I'm wondering if the cabin filter is clogged up.

4. calvinbabb

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    I change it every 6 months. So no. Also have cleaned the coils.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  5. mhlvc

mhlvc Light Load Member

May 2, 2020
    Im having a similar issue on my 2016 579. All vents works except the front vents. I checked the fuses and they all seem fine.
    Im guessing its a blend door actuator, but there are 5 of them, so I have no idea how to figure out which one it is.
    Theyre around $100 each

6. calvinbabb

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    I know there was a service bulletin from peterbilt on our years due to blend door failure but was for the doors themselves.

Attached Files:

7. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    When i get the dash open, i activate the control on the one not working. Usually the actuator will attempt to open or close the door. Usually its the plastic gears in the actuator that strip out. Other than that possibly unplug each one and test light it as you try to activate it with the control. Worth a try anyway. Also if and when you do get the actuator out move the door by hand and see if it moves easily. The doors sometimes get dust and get hard to move and the plastic gears strip.

mhlvc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.