2015 freightliner cascadia evolution question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brandon1984, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Brandon1984

Brandon1984 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Colorado
    my cigarette lighter charger port quit working next to all the controls in the bunk everything else works on the panel.
    Is there a fuse for it or something any info would be grate

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Sounds like a fuse. Usually the cover/door to the truck cab fuse panel has a diagram of which fuse powers what item. I believe cig power jacks are always a 10 amp fuse, red IIRC. Is your cab cig power jack working?

One truck of mine had one fuse on the main fuse panel and also a fuse connected to the cig power jack. If either fuse blew it failed the power jack.

Brandon1984 Thanks this.
  4. Brandon1984

Brandon1984 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Yes the cab one works. i will check the fuses thanks,

5. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Look in the storage compartment on the drivers side,Under the bunk if you don't find it in the dash.
    Some have a small fuse box for the sleeper there too.

6. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Get one of these. Super fast way to test fuses without having to pull them and visually inspect if they are blown.

Clamp the wire to a ground and touch the probe to each side of the fuse. If both light it is good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321613748830?lpid=82&chn=ps

Mikeeee

7. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    You will need a size T25 head to remove the four screws retaining the glove box. Pull it out. There is a right-angled metal piece that is Velcro taped to the fusebox cover on your right and must be removed first. Then release the cover tabs in front, and pull the cover towards you. You should look for anything labeled sleeper aux pwr or dash aux pwr 10 amp rated.

Kolorado Thanks this.
  8. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    yep the behind the glove box confined space pain in the ###. Don't remember which one it is but memory seems to think right side middle back of the fuse box. Been awhile since I've been in a crapcadia but the 2011-14 were all the same layout one could assume they stuck with the design. If you have the book in the truck there is a fuse diagram in front with listings as to which is which some have the fuse layout on the back of the cover once you lift it up. I blew the ones in mine every few months each outlet is on a different circuit/fuse. Got really good at working in that space. Needle nose pliers are a must for getting the fuses out/in. Much easier if you can just lift and wedge the cover up inside the space instead of pulling it completely out. It's a ##### to get back in there.

NoBluffBuff and Kolorado Thank this.
  9. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    Since 2014 there may have been a bit of change. These new Cascadias have multiple engine and chassis harness working together, just to mention a couple! A mechanic was telling me they are a complete nightmare when things go wrong, as isolating problems can be difficult, on a system that was designed to give the ultimate feedback and diagnostics for technicians to utilize. Seems like that's a problem with all technology today. It's designed to do awesome stuff flawlessly, up to the point there is an error.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.