2015 International AC problems

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by joseph1853, Aug 2, 2018.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I've been having a heck of a time trying to get this stupid Internationals ac working right.. The trucks leased from Ryder but the mechanics at this specific location can not or will not figure out whats wrong with it. They say well if it's not acting up while we have it we can't diagnose it.. So far they've replaced the filters and recharged the Freon in it. Problem is when its sitting it works fine.. It only has the issue when I've driven it for a couple hours. So the typical scenario with it is after driving for an hour and a half or so the temperature will drop down 15 or so degrees and the fan will also stop blowing as hard. also the air seems to get humid. If I turn the truck off for 30 minutes or so after starting it back up it runs fine again giving me another hour and a half or so before doing the same thing as before. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I’ve read about people relocating the ambient temp sensor on their trucks or higher grounds and fixing their a/c problems

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  4. earnies2

earnies2 Medium Load Member

May 17, 2012
    Dedham, MA.

It sounds like it is freezing up?

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  5. Ancienthistory

Ancienthistory Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Does this model have themister

6. Ancienthistory

Aug 3, 2018
    Does this model have thermistors in AC system

7. Ancienthistory

Aug 3, 2018
    Cycle key w/o turning off. Does this work for you

8. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    That's what I told them.. But I'm just a stupid truck driver lol..

9. Ancienthistory

Aug 3, 2018
    If cycle key works replace thermistors. If not sounds like freezing up. Pull filter out and clean fins underneath put in new filter.

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  10. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    they said they replaced all the filters apparently there were 3 of them but pretty sure they didn't say anything about cleaning fins behind them. These guys are tech 3's at best so not exactly the most experienced bunch. They did say the filters they replaced were very dirty which tell me what your saying about the fins behind them could very possible be dirty also.

11. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Update on my truck ac issue. I think it's finally fixed. After replacing all filters, cleaning the condenser coils, and freon flush they have found some loose wiring under the fuse box that was causing the compressor to stay on constantly causing the system to freeze up. Some kind of temperature sensor I think. I've had it for a couple days now and it is working better then it ever did. 4th times a charm lol.. Thanks for all the help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.