2015 mac end dump ABS fault

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Arctic_fox, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Got a 2015 mac end dump that started acting up after TA swapped a tire for me. It will go 40 minutes fine then suddenly throw codes. Ive already replaced all 4 sensors and had them pulled and reseated twice, the ECU, valve, actuator and all wires, pigtail, connector on both truck and trailer as well as the connectors from the valve. All 4 wheels read rpm when spun and i still get an ABS light after exactly 40 minutes every single time. I am about $3000 down this particular hole and its been in 3 diffrent shops and programming checked twice with zero results and im running out of things to check and replace. Keeps giving me yellow blue and solenoid errors on a haldex system.

Any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I do not know but would be looking real hard at the hub it first began on.
    Was it just flat or came apart and beat around on the axle?

4. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Rock pushed up under the material of the tred and exposed cables so i pulled it before it could blow and do damage. It has basically new hubs on it, new calipur and new sensor ring as well. All replaced less then 50k ago. I did inspect for anything out of whack when i pulled the wheels to check the sensors. No damage i can see or that the 3 shops could find. Only thing i found was a pinched sensor wire the first time.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  5. Dry-van & Reefer Repair

Dry-van & Reefer Repair Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2022
    McAllen, Tx

Usually what ends up happening is the sensor inside the wheel doesn’t make contact or falls off because the person who did the job didn’t clean the area properly, didn’t place the sensor or clip correctly, or simply didn’t put the seal in its place and ended interfering with the sensor (which would push/force the sensor out)

6. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Nope, took it in and everything is seated correctly and in place correctly and i then pulled cleaned and reseated them per the guide when they still didnt work. Also tried a now 3rd entire set of brand new sensors. Said sensors are reading as they should according to my computer as well.

At this point ive made an apointment with the manufacturer directly to see if THEY can fix it. Neither me, utility, jim hawk and a small indy can figure it out apparently and im now almost $4500 down this rabbit hole and still dont have a working trailer ABS. I even tried bypassing the current electeical leads with a test jig i made. Still nada.

7. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Do you know how to read the blink codes? Some abs systems you can key off, key on, key off and count the flashes. It might narrow down the problem. Google abs blink codes.

8. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Mine doesnt blink but i have a computer i can hook to it. Its giving me blue and yellow channel codes as well as a generic solonoid code. I thought it could be electric so thats why i bypassed my trailers electrical system entirely to hook to the ABS directly with a test rig i made up to give it 12V power especially after replaceing everything from the truck plug back. I even tested my rigs plug to ensure it was giving the correct amount of power.

9. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    I had same issues with Haldex on some 2014-2016 Heil pneumatic tanks. Constant issues. Contacted Haldex and they sent me their diagnostic/engineering level program on a laptop so we could datalog and make some changes. Made quite a few changes especially on trailer weight settings, but still wasn't right. I finally just started replacing with Wabco kits for about $1200 a pop and cured ABS light issues.

10. MWTechGuy

MWTechGuy Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2022
    ArcticFox - So the sensors were replaced, did you check that they were original OE sensors and not a knockoff? The oddball ones have a different resistance and can go out of range as you're driving as the wheel end temps go up. Also, what were the YE/BU faults you were getting with the PC? Those specifics can really narrow things down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.