2015 Peterbilt 579 Steering column tear down

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by calvinbabb, Jan 12, 2022.

1. calvinbabb

calvinbabb Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    My turn signal/ wiper switch is giving me trouble and need to change it. Does anyone know how to tear down the steering column to get to the signal switch? 2015 Peterbilt 579

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Remove the plastic clamshells from top and bottom of the column around the turn stalk. You will also need to remove the lower panel to access the wiring and connector. It should all pop apart with plastic trim removal tools.

4. calvinbabb

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    Ok. I wasn’t sure how the covers were attached and don’t want to break anything to get them off.

5. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    If it’s the signal not working spray some lube at moving mechanism. They collect dust and then fail to operate properly. My .02

lester Thanks this.
  6. calvinbabb

Apr 28, 2016
    Trenton, Fl.
    actually, it’s the windshield wipers that’s giving me trouble. When I turn them on low constant, they sometimes work, sometimes work and then start working on delay. High is fine. Delay is fine. It’s just constant low it does this. Also, when I push the end in to use the wash pump, I have to push really hard. I know it’s probably just dirty contacts but, I’m not thinking I can get contact cleaner into the contacts. Not much of an opening on the wiper control to get the spray through.

'88K100 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.