2016 freightliner casc. With a Dd13 need help!! 3 to 5 mpg empty.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bullocklogistics, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Its also why I paid $28k in taxes last year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Again you're misrepresenting the facts. FHA is paid through a tax that the people who are beneficiaries of FHA pay on top of their loan amount each month. So to summarize that for you FHA is self-funding for the most part.

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Enough about the loans you guys are way off track. Have you oil evaluated, it will tell you alot. Could be an injector issue.

5. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    What weight are you hauling, what terrain are you hauling? Are all of your fearings in tact? What is the outside temp when running. Are you balancing the load between to wheels. Even weight on both sets?

I have a 2016 DD13 and it will ocasionaly get under 5mpg. But it's usally a simple adjustment.
    Cold weather and moutains and over 36k in the box. And I'm down to 55mph if I even wanna get close to 5.5.
    But 65 degrees I with 44,800 in the box on the flats running 72-78 and I get 7.3 to 7.8.

6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    No government run program is self sustainable without tax payers

7. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    If the bank wants to take them on. There is plenty of risk with someone who just claimed bankruptcy 2 years ago. They might do the same thing again. In that case, if it's ruled that the home be sold, then the bank has to sell the house, many times at a loss. It's not cut and dry as you say and there is plenty of risk on the lender's part. If you want, you can call your mortgage broker and ask their realistic opinion on the matter.

Outside of that, it would be great if FHA didn't exist. Like subsidized flood insurance, it transfers the risk from the owner on to the taxpayer that has to bail them out.

Coover Thanks this.
  8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?

9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    They had a technical service bulletin about it.
    I think the main issue was that some shops were trying to start it without priming the fuel system and the crank would get damaged without sufficient oil flow after so much cranking.
    I’m sure most shops know to prime it by now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.