2016 Freightliner dash clock

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Anyone know how to change the time on it? Mine is reading 5 hours behind central. It is set to central. It is set to daylight savings. I've looked in the manual, Google and even YouTube. All I find is how to change time zone and daylight savings. There are other threads where people have asked and got answers on how to change the clock on the radio or daylight savings on the dash. My next step is disconnecting the batteries for 5 hours the next time I have to wait for a preassignment. Don't make me resort to this. Answer your best fix below!!! Ready..... GO!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    Ignore it.

Can only be fixed through ecm so any oc *should* be able to do it and freightliner shop could do it.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  4. roadranger550

roadranger550 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Ever hear of a wristwatch? I dont leave home without mine. I feel naked without it. They work great!

5. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016

No..... A watch that looks like a wrist just sounds weird. I'll pass. Have fun with your new invention though. It'll never catch on.....

6. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    It is supposed to run off satellite time.

Notice the word "supposed ".

7. traderpats

traderpats Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Oregon
    Another IC I know had two trucks in a row with that exact same issue. You have to stop by a dealer to get it changed. SNI shops couldn't do it for some reason.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Reason for edit: Syntax
  8. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Or I could just move to Hawaii with this truck and all will be right in the world.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Not hawaii for mine.. I actually had to research this one. My clock is set for UTC-09 time zone. But without the correct settings for daylight savings to make it apply to alaska...

The only place in the world where the time on my truck dash is current is the Gambier Islands. Sounds like a way better spot than Seville OH so I'll just pretend I'm on a beach there from now on. (picture below is what it would look like outside if that was true...)

10. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Had mine fixed at dealer, they did mine for free (since tech had 'fixed' radio clock instead). Caused by Qualcomm install. Resets ECM to midnight when they first hook it up. Fast fix if tech can read writeup.

Waggledaddy and Friday Thank this.
  11. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    It's the same with the 2017's. I can live with it. The radio, the cb and my watch all have the time. Funny thing is that Friday night I got up to go to the bathroom, turned the truck on to cool off the cab a little and noticed that the time was correct for my home time EST. I figured it reset itself but when I got up for the day a few hours later, it was back to -4. Oh well.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.