2016 Intermodal

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by RERM, Jan 22, 2016.

1. MrReactor

MrReactor Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Lack of empties in Chicago killed my Friday - Slow as heck!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Who had no Empties? Seems everywhere I've been is stacked with Empties and Chassis.

RERM Thanks this.
  4. Letsgetreal

Letsgetreal Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2016

This is so true. I went to a company for work. They do all intermodal and local work. I met the owner, well owners and they told me about how it works and stuff. They have minimum 80-day cab trucks. One of the owners who is Indian took me to his home for dinner. Little did I know that all four owners live in an apartment together. Their niche is to take cheap freight or any loads and be in business. I don't know if this genius or peculiar. Anyways I took the job and they pay weekly and I am making $950 a week. These foreigners are too smart

5. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    You mean too Stupid? Take any load at any rate just to be in business so all 4 can live together in a apartment? What am I missing?

6. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    What company is this your working at?

7. MrReactor

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Alliance was completely out of ALLZ trailers *half my work*

8. MrReactor

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    If he's making $950 take home as a driver weekly - trust me they're making their money. Especially with 80 trucks. 75% of their income is probably going over seas though..

9. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Rates should go up in 2018 like mid or late bcz of elogs. If it ever gets bad. Ill try and go for jb hunt. Cheap? Ya but hey we do it at kiswani and even tho the rate sucke it is survivable. At that point its abo
    950 a week is good. Depemdings on hours and days. But those fools aint smart. 4 guys in apartment and i bet you money goes overseas. Kiswani is like 90% middle eastern but hell they still got homes here and overseas without living with tons of people

10. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    hey i pulled some alliance trailers before. they're garbage!! lol

edit - $950/week is pretty #### good for a co. that takes 'cheap work'. lol

but i think there's something people are missing here, a company can take cheap freight but pay their drivers just alright to survive and like their job to stick with it .

11. MrReactor

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Not sure how long ago you pulled ALLZ trailers - their intermodal reefer units are some of the best in the game. LP22.5 tires, new carrier genset units, beat any trac chassis out there right now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.