2016 Vanguard Dry Van

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by andrei_dimitriu, Mar 20, 2018.

1. andrei_dimitriu

andrei_dimitriu Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Hi everybody, I was looking at the 2016 Vanguard Dry Van trailer. Does anybody have some experience with them? How they are? Should I buy one or should I look for something else?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I was hauling one from 2010 to 2016 from a brand new shape until I bought Utility. It had wooden interior sides, and after 3-4 years the floor started to leak. Mechanically, its automatic slack adjuster never really worked too well, also its ABS was giving problems. Electrical system was vulnerable too. Overall, it was nothing impressive. I think, the Utility I have now is much more solid. Not issues yet.

4. Frontman

Frontman Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Unless you plan on keeping it forever, the Utility would surely have a better resale value.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    A Utility dealer once told me Utility, Stoughton & Great Dane are the only dry van trailers that hold any resale value. I know a couple of o/o who bought brand new Hyundai van trailers a few years ago and I bought new Great Dane at the same time. I've had zero issues with mine. They each had a laundry list of ABS gremlins, water leaks, etc with theirs. You can look and see what is made well, what holds up over time, and what doesn't - if you look at equipment being used out there.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    So there’s a reason the Mega’s use Wabash & Hyndai’s huh? Who knew. Lol.

Utility’s and Great danes ftw in my opinon

7. Jeremy1

Jeremy1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Great Dane they only way to go

DieselDrivinDaddy Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I dunno, this one's falling apart.

FB_IMG_1522462202025.jpg

TallJoe Thanks this.
  9. Jeremy1

Jeremy1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
  10. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I've worked on all of them. I have worked on fleets from PM's to Rollover repair. Now that I am a owner op. I feel the Stoughton is the best made. Now I dont have a problem with Great Dane, or Utility. I would buy one at the right deal. Just feel Stoughton is better. Now the vanguard? It does its job. Thats all I can say. You cant shut the doors on most, Hyundai does its job. But its cheap, and any part thats from Hyundai that has there name on it is very expensive, and takes a long time toget them. Walbash you couldn't give to me. Cheap, fall apart.

TruckerDaisy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.