2017 Intermodal

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by RERM, Apr 4, 2017.

1. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    not bad. does the job for intermodal.

side note, sitting the past 2-3 months, prolly because hes leased it on to evans. ####ty co!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I've never heard anything good about Evans.

4. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Word.

they're big in chicago, (not evans, but it's AGENTS which is like 10 of them + evans).... they suck. oh, not to mention, agressive drivers.

5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    The problem with Evans is that they have whole bunch of companies under them and alot of agents competing for the same load and trying to outbit each other that creates a bottom feeders market and the o/o gets the bad end of the stick since the broker gets it's share Evans gets their share, the agent gets their share and whatever is left is what the o/o gets and he also have to pay for the chassis in some cases(if you want a good chassi but if you are a cheapo you can use the port chassis and may got have mercy on our souls), and if a tire popped you have to go thru them to get roadside assistance(most companies just Pay for it and write it off at the end of the year) which I truly believe they also get a some money thrown their way for that. But then again somewhere there's a owner operator that believes that Evans it's the shiny unicorn that poops diamonds and pees gold

6. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Do oil analysis through CAT.......IF they haven't changed the oil......

7. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Once we agree I'm going to get it inspected and check the computer before I sign I have been around the block few times to get taken advantage of I have a friend that he is a dot inspector at the 78 weight station mostly for a jack Daniels blue label and some cigars and will tell me what needs to get fixed to pass a level 1 inspection with flying colors, he does that to my trucks at least 2 times a year

RERM Thanks this.
  8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    so he called me today asking for 15k and counter offered by sending 2 links to trucks in better conditions but cheaper price after an hour he told me told me to make an offer, I offer at 9k(he owes 7k to the financing company so he is only getting 2k cash) but he has to do fix all the faults that my friend finds before I sign. if everything goes well and the state government shutdown stops by Monday or Tuesday I will be hauling with it.

btw its a buyers market, the used truck market is saturated

9. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2016
    sure is a buyers market. Saw a mack sleeper with brand new overhaul for $8500. Just texted guy and said what was bottom line, he said $7k without any further haggling and has rebuild paperwork on truck. only has 3??k on it too. AC427 motor 2004

10. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Well, things have finally picked up quite a bit!!!!....rates seem to be increasing as well????...first time in quite a while that my settlement was north of 3K...(after fuel, parking and tire ins...).....I'm looking forward to the second half of the year!!!!!!!!

11. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Considering I just spent $23,000 on an OH, that doesn't bod well for me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.