2018 Intermodal

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by RERM, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Well, maybe now he can pay of the millions he owes his dad.

4noReason Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    lmfao. really? geez

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Most of my thoughts are compete sarcasm, but are made in truth. The owner of Fore had 2 other trucking companies fail when we owned then. He didn't start Fore, he bought it from Terry & ( I can't remember the sons name, but he was the ops manager) Fore was a reefer company originally, Jimmy starting doing Intermodel after he bought it. He ran out with his brothers, Billy (he ran NJ) and Jason (?). Jason I heard was fired for stealing from the company or something like that. Anyone who knows Jimmy will all day the same thing, he's an arrogant a-hole who wants to be thought of as being connected. I've heard from numerous people that his dad has had to loan him money to keep the business afloat. They treated the dispatchers horribly and constantly short paid the drivers.

With that all said, he was also a hustler and knew an opportunity when it presented itself. So, I guess good for him for getting paid and cashing out.

(I worked there for about 7-8 months in 2010, so many things might of changed since I left. One thing that never did was the revolving door of dispatchers and the screwing the drivers out of money however he could)

5. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    with the rates being so high. idk if im sick of rail (equipment) or just the madness at the rail (lines, lift wait times, no space to park). because i want to jump ship . just dont know if grass wont be greener with dry van

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  6. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    any good accountants chicago area? do you guys write off extra stuff. because i wrore off only what i have and i came up short 30k. mind you my guy does me weekly payroll. i know for sure most o/o would try to find extra deductions to remove that 30k

7. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Well, this threads been quiet....leased on to Haven Intermodal (agents for Evans Delivery). Kiswani was good to me for the last 3.5 years, but the new Evans agent is family and, well, the settlements are tough to beat!!!!!

Kiswani is a good company, going through some growing pains right now. I’ve no doubt, they’ll get it right though .....eventually.....

8. MrReactor

MrReactor Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Another new Evans co? They bought Whitacare Intermodal and Elwood Cartage recently, haven't heard of Haven intermodal yet.

4noReason Thanks this.
  9. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    oh wow! barely noticed u left man. is it 53s? how was kiswani attitude toward you leaving? you heard about elwood. they dropped a container on a truck cab.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  10. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    me either. wonder where they located

11. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Was that a Kiswani truck?

839734AD-7EBB-4A46-8E08-855395648E56.jpeg

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.