2018 ucr registration delayed

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cat sdp, Nov 11, 2017.

1. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Just paid mine for 2018. $69.00 for two trucks.

Cat sdp and Ruthless Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    TallJoe. I think the UCR is just another layer of taxation, per truck it is more expensive for the individual than the mega fleets.
    Why have the NMFTA to get your SCAC.
    This all could be done with a single, USDOT number or MC number or .....

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    See, all these abbreviations, acronyms, they all make things hard to keep up with. I do have a service that does it for me, I only file IFTA, IRP, HVUT - simple enough and online. I mean, I would like these things to make sense, so if they tax me, I'd like to know at least, what this thing or that thing is for. I have a sense of feeling that all these taxes and fees overlap each other, double up and so on. For example, I get it what IFTA is for, but why IRPA then? New Mexico, Kentucky New York, Indiana until recently, Oregon they have their own additional requirements, but why Nebraska would not come up with something for itself? There is no logic to follow, just have to memorize all that crap of who wants what and when, impossible to find out why.

5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Don't forget Arkansas, Kansas and New Jersey.
    They all do overlap. IRP is basically the same as 2290, Just different names for taxes. Another layer of government monkeys we have to employ.
    Either these people are on the government payroll or they are on the entitlements, handed out each week.
    Just keep the working stiff taxed.

6. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    IFTA is for your fuel, you pay fuel tax even in your 4-wheeler, they just divide it between the states in your truck. IRP is much the same, it's just like the tags for your 4-wheeler, but like IFTA, they divide it between states you run in.

UCR makes no sense. Just another tax.
    Kentucky has KYU tax that is just another tax over and above IFTA and IRP.
    And then you have the fuel surcharge that some states charge on IFTA. I understand what a surcharge is for the O/O, it's to help offset the cost of fuel when price goes up. It makes no difference to a state what the actual cost of fuel is. The fuel surcharge on IFTA is just another way to get more money on top of the fuel tax you are already paying.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  7. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    "The UCR Agreement is the interstate agreement, developed under the UCR Plan, governing the collection and distribution of registration information and fees generated under the UCR Agreement (“UCR fees”)

To understand the purpose of this is impossible. It would take the whole evening to read and understand where it came from, what's the justification for its own being and what the collected fees are used for. So indeed, one of those "pay and forget" things. I just did, end of story.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    What was it called before UCR became???? I know it was a replacement for something else that's no longer.

9. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    This thread reminded me to pay mine. Usually I get a reminder via email. Must have ignored it!

10. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I was a little confused that it was a website administered by the state of Indiana. When I called the number on the receipt the automated message said that the website was available for all of the states. Anyway, I received the receipt from the Indiana Motor Carrier, I am based in Illinois, I hope that's right.... This is the first time I made the payment directly and not through a service.

dirthaller Thanks this.
  11. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    I’m Utah based and I read the Indiana thing on the web address as well. We’re in the same boat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.