2018 Werner Dollar General Account

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sam3106, May 12, 2018.

1. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Dollar General is a cake walk compaired to Family Dollar and Dollar Tree

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Theres one of these Dollar stores on my route and man, I wouldn't want to be the poor sob who has to deliver there. It's a blindside off a busy 2-lane road with traffic ripping by at 45 mph. Then you gotta serpentine through a parking lot filled with cars. And finally jackknife it perfectly against a curb to get your trailer lined up with the overhead receiving door.

It's challenging for seasoned drivers, no way should greenhorns attempt it. There's been a least 5 accidents in the last year alone.

4. DriverDan247

DriverDan247 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2018
    I've been on dg account for 2 yrs. This account always needs drivers because of how hard this job is physically. You might be pushing a single rolltainer weighing 1000lbs out of the truck with broken wheels. Stores are ready about 50 percent of the time. If you live near dg Warehouse you will be home daily. Biggest challenge on this account is broken rolltainers, bad store layouts for 18wheelers and stores not being ready. Remember after you push all rolltainers off truck you then pick up stores empty rolltainers. There is no way to do 6 stores a week legal either. This is an account you also don't sacrifice sleep in. You will be exhausted the 1st year solo after that you will be a badazz. I like the account. I'm never leaving. Oh my bad the pay is on avg 800-1000 a week now. I'd say 50k a yr. That's my pay anyways. The thing is you have options when it comes to backing into the stores. You see a store with a backdoor in a narrow alley and feel unsafe call your fleet manager and tell him to make it a front door delivery the next morning at 6am. Problem solved. As far as store layouts you will discover you don't have to blindsided often and if you do get a dg employee to.guide you or wait till.they are available. The lack.of drivers on this account means if you can drive your the real.boss. I'm not kidding I'm.never leaving.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    dinosaurjr Thanks this.
  5. DriverDan247

Jul 12, 2018
    He ain't gonna make 100k ,more like 50k . I work for dg account. 2yrs.

6. DriverDan247

Jul 12, 2018
    When I see a quote like this you guys make.me feel like a real badazz. I was total rookie when I joined dg account and by the grace of Yahweh I survived. No joke only certain types of.rookies can make it on this account starting. I'd definitely go with otr or something easy before this dedicated.

7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    800-1000 a week on dollar general account ? Or about 50,000 a year. Did i read that right ?

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  8. RedKnight

RedKnight Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2018
    I’ve worked with Werner before and I know for a fact I’ve made 800-900 Otr, on most weeks, without the harsh labor of the dg account. Lots of those stores are just not meant for 18 wheelers to back into. Luckily There are some dg stores that have huge lots, because they’re built into shopping malls.

9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    I’m not sure that’s a ringing endorsement for this account, or this company- not for all that work!! Honestly, your post leaves me at a loss for words. You sound like a go getter, with a great attitude. Please stop selling yourself short and keep your options open. With your experience you should be making much MUCH more, and doing much MUCH less grunt work.

Of course, I could’ve TOTALLY missed the sarcasm in your post. I’m actually HOPING I did. Lol

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    That was a $1,200 to $1,600 a week job when i was doing it , and i still did not want to do it. I take home over $1,000 per week now and its a super easy job no touch no hurry no worry no bother no troubles. Werner was an awful company all the way around , swift was super easy peazy compared to werner. Werner people were all nice and fine just everything else was terrible.

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    The man is happy with the work, happy with the money and doesn't want to leave. That's his business. Mind your own bobber.

Randy O Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.