2018 which fields are paying what

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Maj. Jackhole, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Alright, you oilfield people, trying to get a grasp on which fields are doing what and what are they paying. I have been giving serious thought regarding playing in the oil patch and really don't know where everything is happening.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    North Dakota or west TX Pays the most $85-$110k per year. But must people can't stand to stay in North Dakota a entire year with the extreme winters that they have. I would recommend West TX for work. But you must understand that it's temporary work. And not a permit, meaning SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! It isn't known how long this boom will last.

Some people are already making the mistake of buying up all kinds of stuff, and getting in major debt. Those big lifted trucks and sports cars can wait. Just like when I worked for KBR In Iraq people spend spend spend. Then they are the first ones crying and complaining when it slows up or either when lay offs come about.

4. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    Grew up in Montana, no stranger to cold winters. I recall the 80's when oil and coal went bust and watched everything you described.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I just went through Midland Odessa today on interstate 10. It is booming with lots of "CDL A wanted" signs out.

I'm in El Paso now. If I go through tomorrow I'll snap some pictures for you. I remember a hiring sign in front of Halliburton. They have a big yard there. So does Stallion.

EuropeanTrucker and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  6. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    I'm thinking a short tour in the fields will speed up my goal for total retirement.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  7. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    What kinds of work are you looking to get into? There are lots of opportunities here in west Texas, the difference in pay depends on factors like home time, companies cultures, type of work load ect.

Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  8. 8590

8590 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2018
    I got on at superior and doing well but nothing like the crazy money being made in the field. I looked and looked in ND but all you hear is horror stories so I’m starting to think TX is where it is. Will they take 0-6 months exp?

9. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    Thinking tanker work for the most part hometime can be sporadic as far as I'm concerned.

bbq247365 Thanks this.
  10. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I think as long as you have a CDL most places will hire you and train you. More reputable places will want experience but to get started I don’t see an issue with finding a CDL A job. Housing is going to be a bigger problem than employment in West Texas.

8590 and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  11. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    Are there many rv parks in that area?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.