2021 Peterbilt 389 Vibration

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Sukhjiwan3, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Sukhjiwan3

Sukhjiwan3 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2022
    I had the driveline rebalanced and now it’s all balanced all we’re a bit off. But it still didn’t fix my problem. Peterbilt not even willing to put TVT system to check it out, they just beating around the bush. I’ve already spent 8k trying to fix the problem, anything to get the problem figured out I’ll do, just want a expert who can figure it out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sukhjiwan3

Oct 30, 2022
    What’s the torque on your truck? and is the truck running on 24.5 tires? Is meritor the maker of your driveline?

4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Chad is very well known Nation Wide and a lot of Owner Ops will only trust him. Here is his information.
    Alignment Solutions
    4980 Stillwell St
    Kansas City, MO 64120
    PHONE: 913-709-6199
    chadhohn@gmail.com

You can also find him on Facebook and message him. He answers most time pretty fast.

5. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Is this only while driving?
    I had one that shook like a madman but did it while parked also

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    His Facebook page or just call him on the phone. He works using the MD alignment system but from my understanding he won't just push a truck out the door unless it's fixes. Factory spec is not good enough because like your truck the dealership can't fix it but says nothing is wrong.

登录 Facebook

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If its under warranty you should be raising #### about it. Take it up to corporate if you have to.

I wouldn't have sunk a single penny into it.

GYPSY65 Thanks this.
  8. Sukhjiwan3

Oct 30, 2022
    Hi Everyone,
    Thought I update yall on the truck. I spoke with Chad and MD alignment guys and both recommend I try out Tru-balance to see if all of my tires were mounted centered. I called up Ron at Tru-balance and he explained the product and why it may be causing my vibration problem, they pointed out that my hub and mounting weld spots are made in a high margin of error in manufacturing and cause vibration. " you cant balance a mounted egg". After ordering the product and installing my vibration is completely gone!!!!!! My tires were not centered and Tru-balance products made it perfectly mounted. 100% recommend Tru-balance and they are also supposed to increase tire life! Great product and also balance masters steer balancers were used in the steer tires. My truck drive is smooth like butter, finally feel how Peterbilt is supposed to be!
    But now does anyone how we make the clutch easier to press down, I have eaton on self-adjusting clutch 15.5 2050 part 309-701-35, is there anyone we can add an air-aid or hydraulic assit in it to make it easier to press? Like W900 now are on air clutch you can press down with your hand easily. Peterbilt clutch is gotta use all your leg power.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    GYPSY65, Siinman and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  9. dumpguy81

dumpguy81 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2023

10. dumpguy81

dumpguy81 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2023
    if anyone figures this out let me know. I have 2021 367 pete dump truck. disk brakes all around. it's been shaking since the day I got it. took it to countless number of shops, 2 different alignment shops. changed front tires, rotated rear ones. drove me insane. nobody ever found a solution.

11. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Did you ever check the tires for being out of round and have them balanced?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.