24 y/o school bus driver arrested after 5 killed in rollover

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by double yellow, Nov 22, 2016.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Even if the bus had a mechanical failure that caused the wreck, it sounds like the driver's prior reckless behaviour has been well known. He's done.

KillingTime and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    If there is any truth to the statements being made it won't be just the driver that is culpable...

KillingTime, lovesthedrive and Big Don Thank this.
  4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Like I said, daily water boarding and weekly beatings.

ReeferOhio, BoostedTeg and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Absolutely! But in my mind, the question is, if there is any truth. If this lady can substantiate her claim, there will be some folks who are gonna be writing some substantial checks.
    I guess my reservations on this, is the medias history of taking,(or even Making,) a rumour and then running with it. That coupled with some ambulance chasers who have been known to contact victim's family to "offer their services" as soon as they learn an accident happened.
    These dirt bag attorneys hit up the families before the shock has hardly set in, let alone being over it. They take a person who is really not ready to even think clearly, and play on their emotions, much as unscrupulous funeral directors do.

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I never got why school buses don't have seat belts but freaking airplanes want you to wear your seat belt while taxiing to the airport

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    @cnsper ,,, that's about the BEST "arse" cleanse one can ask for... you are being too kind, sir!

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    My heart goes to the families.This time of year what should have been holiday planning instead turns to funeral planning.So sad

Big Don and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    The seats are numbered, keeping the bodies strapped to the seats helps ID them later. Plus planes can move unexpectedly in three dimensions so being strapped to something solid is a benefit.
    This guy needs to spend some serious time in prison, and anyone who received a complaint and did not act on it needs to be charged as an accomplice. Conspiracy to commit vehicular manslaughter-

10. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Earlier on the news the NTSB was saying that this investigation will take up to a year. To me that's just ridiculous

Big Don and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Did you see the bus?In this case seatbelts wouldn't have saved their lives.I think speed is the biggest factor from the news on tv.But we'll find out for sure in due time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.