2nd 15+ speeding ticket question...

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Bart69Rich, Aug 26, 2011.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Refuse any testing?? Those words are not even on that page?

The coluums are cut and dry. The first one is offenses in a CMV and the 2nd one is offenses in a non-CMV. What it's doing is you are held responsible for serious violations no matter what you are driving. The smaller infractions is when they break up what you were driving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Are you seriously asking legal advice on trucking forum? Why not just go down to the truckstop and get on channel 19? You need a lawyer, period. A local one too. They will give you the best chance of the judge listening to you on how you avoided the accident and such. A few hundred bucks to get that ticket turned into less than 15 or a parking ticket is WORTH it.

4. Bart69Rich

Bart69Rich Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I agree with most of that. I am going to talk to the prosecutor and/or get a lawyer. I will fight this.

But you are missing the point to this entire website. Im a daily reader but seldom poster...Its interesting to get everyone's opinions on here but it's definitely a learning experience to get everyone's INTERPRETATIONS of the same law/passage in the fmcsa.

5. Bart69Rich

Bart69Rich Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    CONCLUSION: I went to court with a lawyer. He was able to convince the prosecutor and judge to ammend the ticket to 69 in a 65....with no points on my license. Fine+ court costs...$275.00.

I know how lucky I am.....ok gotta get back on the road!

6. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Now, DON'T get any more of those tickets!:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.