2wks on/2 wks off

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by 1nonly, Jan 8, 2012.

1. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    I saw an ad for Conway drivers in Texas working the regional fleet 2 weeks on, 2 off. Is anyone here doing this, or know a driver who is? I'm curious how it's working out for them. I'd like to go part time someday, and not many carriers offer it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Countyboy

Countyboy Medium Load Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Not sure on this but I know many Ryder locations offer part time working 3 days a week shuffling trucks where I'm from, something to look into for retirement

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Schneider offers a long list of driver plans that would meet your needs.

Listed in number of days unless otherwise indicated, no particular order.

6 on 3 off (full time)

7 on 7 off (part time)

14 on 7 off (full time)

4 on 4 off

Name your own schedule....18 day per month minimum.

1nonly Thanks this.
  5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I think Roehl does it too.

The only bad part is you share a truck. You hope you get someone clean.

6. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    I know of Roehl and Transport America. I didn't know Schneider offered it, too. I'm also looking into Grand Island Express- their website claims part time work, but there are no details. I was hoping to add CWTL to the list of possibles. The more choices I have, the better. I can't afford it just yet, but I wanted to line up my options for when I can.

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    :biggrin_25519: I now consider myself as "semi-retired". And enjoy every minute of it, most of it harassing folks here LMAO.

I work the 14/7. And I'm looking forward to the 7/7 part in a few more years.

If you're wondering about pay. I average about $1500+ bring home for my 14 days. Not great...but acceptable.

1nonly Thanks this.
  8. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    This fleet does exist according to their website. It's part of their new regional initiative. It also says the driver must live near Laredo, San Antonio, Dallas, or Joplin.

9. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

You and another "share a truck" and its exactly what it says 2 on and 2 off,Recruiting is aimimg this at persons near retirement age that can only work a limited schedule(as in how much $ they can make)

1nonly Thanks this.
  10. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    I'm looking at it more as I don't need much money, and I want to travel. Sure, I travel in the truck, but I'm working. Joplin would be a central place to base myself out of, but I don't know anyone within 90 miles whose address I could use. I might call a recruiter/liar and see what they say, if they would make an exception for a homeless trucker. Can't afford to do it just yet, as I've said, but I want to know what my options are.

11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Most companies are developing schedules like these mostly because 1) they're having difficulty finding fully qualified drivers to sit in their seats (CSA 2010 really tightened up the medical requirements) and, 2) those new drivers who do end up sitting there want to get home more than once every 4-8 weeks or they'll quit, returning the company's problem to #1 above. One company, Swift, calls it the "Family Plan," where you and another driver slipseat a tractor. This give more hometime and a more predictable drive schedule to each driver and gives the company some stability with their new drivers while they figure out if trucking is for them; most of us don't know what OTR really means to family until we've done it a while.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.