3 Preventable Accidents Within a Year

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mufasaaaa, Dec 16, 2019.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    You are not wrong. But also there is the money motivation there. In my case I could shut down, and sometimes I do. I don't drive so tired that I fall asleep and drive off the road or do anything stupid or drive in the middle of both lanes. But sometimes I get like 3,000 a week for those extra challenging weeks.

My company does not try to pressure me into doing anything dangerous. The challenges that I speak of are mostly internal. Myself, and probably a lot of other people come from low earning jobs and are suddenly flashed with large paychecks.

Like I said, there's a lot that a new driver needs to get used to. Yes he can make great money, he can also back into my headlight because I rudely parked in his way while he was trying to back up. Driver harder, get larger paychecks. But how hard can you really drive without jeopardizing your job? Well the only way you can really learn is trial and error, in my opinion, because fatigue/exhaustion and be elusive. The important thing though is that you do learn, and of course not kill anyone maim people or run them off the road, of course. Headlights... heh, I'd just pay that out of pocket myself and make the issue go away.

Upinsmoke and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I drove with a guy for a month and just now have been reassigned to another codriver. But when he was new he clipped a headlight trying to make a tight turn in Montana. My company didn't give him any points at all. They just settled the issue quietly with the car owner and told the driver to be more aware in the future. That was the end of it. No record, no points, nothing.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I think National Carriers may take you with 3 preventables. I was looking at them earlier this year, and I believe their criteria is no more than 3 preventables in 5 years. Dont quote me. Double check it

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    OP can find work. It isn't like he rolled the truck or Jack knifed. In my rookie year, I backed into 2 trucks. I still was able to find work. Like @TravR1 said, it's all in insurance. You can find work, but you may have to find companies that are under the radar

Upinsmoke and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  6. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    That's a good advice, a positive first hand experience, clearly written and easy to understand for everybody. Also a compliment to your instructors who hammered it in your head.

Now after almost 20 years on my side, I still check for the trailer in each and every turn. Even on a curvy road, the head turns to the mirror.
    In some cases I asked my self already, why I would bother to check? The answer is in the post above.

Upinsmoke and TravR1 Thank this.
  7. Mufasaaaa

Mufasaaaa Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    South Carolina
    But Prime Inc my recent company is showering it in their system as 3 preventable accidents ? So what should I do about that because they going to tell the Companies that call them to verify that I worked with them that I have “3 preventable accidents”

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  8. Mufasaaaa

Mufasaaaa Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    South Carolina
    Okay thank you mom looking now

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Explain they were minor incidents where a head light was broken.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  10. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    No doubt. Whatever direction the wheel is turning, so should your head. When in reverse, you do the reverse.

And ALWAYS get the hell out and look. Always. I dont give a #### if it's a tight intersection. Put on the 4 ways and see what you're going to hit.

Upinsmoke, truckguy391 and TravR1 Thank this.
  11. Mufasaaaa

Mufasaaaa Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    South Carolina
    Okay thank you

Upinsmoke and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.