34 Hour Restart

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LogsRus, Jun 4, 2007.

1. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    So many terms to learn.. Bobtailing it is driving the truck without anything attached?

What is a lumper?

Suzi

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HunterTrucker

HunterTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Roanoke, VA

Thanks for all the great info!

xllxmrjohnxllx Thanks this.
  4. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Bobtail is when you are just driving the tractor with no trailer.

Lumper is either you or you hire someone to unload the products from the trailer.

I know there is somewhere that list the definitions of all the "Bobtail" etc. I will search for it, but grrr not tonight as I am very tired:biggrin_2557:

5. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    I wouldn't mind helping with some of the loading and unloading. I've been struggling with my weight all my life. The only thing that keeps me from gaining is weight lifting and or very physical work. Notice I didn't say it helps me lose weight! GRRRRR...I'm just in a battle to not get worse.

How many pounds should I learn to lift before starting school and finding a job? I was barely able to lift the 50 pound boxes of frozen foods with Schwan's.

Suzi

6. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    A lumper is the person or persons who fingerprint the load.

7. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

lol with the 23438 thread options on here...I have no idea where to post a question when I have it.

Regarding the 34 hour restart...how does this work with some drivers? I very well might be working with Roehl....but Im trying to figure out what drivers do during that 34 hours? Go home (how do you do that in regards to the log book...etc?), stay in the truck? I guess I keep hearing how I can be on the road for up to 17 days before I come home and never thought about the restart...I figure its really going to suck being somewhere 1000 miles from home or whatever and have to piddle around for a day and a half before I can drive again.

8. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    In a nut shell, your 34 hr restart is simply 34 consecutive hours off. does not matter where. You are not allowed to work during that time. You can be home, like I am now, or you can find a good truck stop and take it. The 34 hrs must be logged as off duty (line 1) or sleeper (line 2).

Hope this helps. :biggrin_25511:

9. ziggystyles

Well it does a little bit...But I figure if Im working regional (7-10 ...or 11-17 days), how do I get home for that restart? I mean maybe they try to schedule me home for my days off which would also qualify for that restart I guess. But if Im on the road for 9 or 10 days...I need to restart before then...I can't get just cut across the state and go home...right? I guess I just dont know what the heck id do for 34 hours, lol...other than lose my mind.

10. jeepkid7998

jeepkid7998 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Albany, Oregon
    From what i have learned. It's up to you to be on top of your hours and if possable plan to be eather at home, or at a friends house when your hours run out and you need to take your restart. That a way your not stuck at a flying J or rest stop somewhere for a day in a half.

11. ziggystyles

Maybe I just sound silly since Im new to the industry, but how can one plan to be at home. Say for example...Im working for Bobs house of pancakes and they have me take a load from MN down to Florida. Arent they then going to give me a load to go somewhere else? I figure if I run regional...I dont know how to make it work so Im at home...I thought loads would have a set time they need to be delivered to their destination or something. I guess I thought that the company would plan my loads so that Im back in the area around my days off or restart.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.