3406e shutter missing

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Magnetic379, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Every yacht Ive ever worked on has the airsep filter (K&N style oiled filter) setup on it and yachts are normally run higher horsepower engines. Hence the 800hp marine cams that a lot of guys through in their 3406/C-15’s so there is filters out there that will work for his under hood setup but he would have to be careful where he runs to keep from dusting his engine. Best thing to do would be to turn it down to a 475hp and run it as a support truck for the crane outfit he’s trying to sell it too.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    spsauerland and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. idahoheavyhaul

idahoheavyhaul Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    No I’m in boise

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I don't get over there too often, just occasionally to the Cat house in Meridian. We're in Blackfoot.

spsauerland and pushbroom Thank this.
  5. idahoheavyhaul

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    We run way way to heavy to be under 550hp. But the crane company I’m going to work for gas the resources to finish the build. I would have never bought the truck if I fully understood what I was trying to do. air filters where the last think on my mined. I did find the brand vortox has air filter cans that are bigger and if you get the measure correct I’m sure they have something that will fit. At this point I just wanted to post for others. So if anyone else needs help. I’ve never seen the air filter size being a problem. Tuning up the trucks isn’t as simple as a program

Oxbow Thanks this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I for one appreciate you following up with this and letting us know.

pushbroom and idahoheavyhaul Thank this.
  7. idahoheavyhaul

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    I’m going to black foot with my truck next week With a little bridge girder! Come drive it see what it’s all about look me up next time I’m in town. I hauled all the big bridge girders in Nampa and Boise the last year. This is Karcher over pass in nampa. We have 56 more

Attached Files:

8. idahoheavyhaul

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    I originally bought the truck by you. Hampton truck sales. DONT BUY FROM THEM.....

9. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Never have dealt with them. Probably never will now.

10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Glad you're busy! Seems you mentioned going up Lewiston grade earlier is why I thought you might be from up north, that and the evergreens in your profile picture. Lol

pushbroom Thanks this.
  11. idahoheavyhaul

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    Ya that picture is from the load I picked up in caldwell and delivered up past north by montana. Took 95 all the way up. I think I was 239k lbs and took Almost 2 days to get to job.

pushbroom, spsauerland and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.