:'((

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Marc007, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Marc007

Marc007 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I lost my wallet!! Looked all around for it cant find it! 205$ cash gone 1 credit card, debit card gone and cdl and dot card gone....

My question is how do i get another cdl license and dot card.? My company wont let me work without them:''((

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Sorry to hear that, man. First call the bank and credit card company if you have their numbers and let them know. Then call your company in the morning and see what their policy is. You're not the first to lose this stuff. The DOT card? no problem. The replacement CDL? You'll have to call the state DL office and see what the procedure is.

Have any idea where it may have become separated from your person? No chance of it turning up?

Just passing by and swaggerjacker Thank this.
  4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Most states you have to apply in person for the new cdl, but the paper copy is legal while you wait on the original.
    Everything else is a week wait for replacements to be sent, DOT examiner can reissue a medical card with the same expiration date.

Just passing by and swaggerjacker Thank this.
  5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Take the time to look all inside your truck for it? unless you have other ideas where it went ?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Your company should have copies of your CDL and med card. File a police report and get all copies to get where you need to go.

7. Boattlebot

Boattlebot Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Get a chain wallet. It's saved me a few times.

Sorry bout your stuff man.

Lepton1 and swaggerjacker Thank this.
  8. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I don't like the looks of chain wallets, however, the alternative..........

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Did you ask the safety dept to fax you a copy of your med card and CDL?That'll work till you get home and get a new license.All you'll have to do is go to DMV. and get a replacement licence.For your med card you could call the doctors office where the physical was performed and see if you can get a copy of your med card.

10. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Where is the last place you had it? Look there.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    There might actually be an honest person that turned it in.Happened to me once at the petro. I left my wallet on the washing machine I was taking my reset there and didn't miss it for a few hours.I then asked cashier if someone turned in my wallet and all my money and cards. were there not touched.I asked cashier if she knew who turned it in she pointed him out he was still in the petro eating I personally thanked him.Lucky me this driver was a part time paster.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.