387 mirror questions

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Ludwig, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Ludwig

Ludwig Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I have two 387 mirror questions.

On the drivers side mirror, the temp. gauge has just the two dashes showing.
    When you first turn the key, it looks like it wants to start, but then only shows the dash marks.
    Anyone seen this before and have a solution for it ?

The passenger side hood mirror is hard to see. Has the normal round mirror with mount in the middle.
    Anyone have any upgrades ( differrent type mirror, differrent brackets ) to make it useable,

Thanks in advance,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    The driver side mirror............It probably has something to do with the O/S tem sensor which is usually located in the front of the truck behind the grille. The nose mirror should be able to be raised up by loosening the nuts on the mirror brackets.

4. truckmechanic

truckmechanic Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi Desert Ca
    I belive the temp sensor is in the mirror atleast it is on the 379

5. olphart

olphart Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Minden,LA
    There is a little lever at the bottom of the glass that you can slide with a screwdriver then the glass will come out. On the back of the thermometer there are come buttons to change it from C to F or turn it off. Mine was acting up one time and I turned it off then back on and it straightened it out. The sensor is the little black tip on bottom of mirror housing

Ludwig Thanks this.
  6. Ludwig

Ludwig Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Well,

I pulled the mirror and tried the button and it went to off to double dash to double dash and back to off.
    I would guess my unit is broke. Anyone know if you can meter the sensor to know wether it is good ?

7. suicide jockey

suicide jockey Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2016
    I know this is an old Post but my truck had the same problem. The oat sensor ( temperature sensor is in the bottom of the mirror) mine had corrosion in the wires. if you're lucky enough to be able to solder the wires together again it will work, if not you have to buy the whole assembly which is the mirror included. Pn 108p/m015729s.

8. suicide jockey

suicide jockey Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.