393.118.3 (ii)

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Nostalgic, May 26, 2023.

1. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Just happened across this on facebook, and I personally would argue this one on the side of the road all the way to either the morgue or jail that 393.118.3 (ii) does NOT apply as pictured. The rule clearly refers to the height/wide requirement of spacers BETWEEN STACKED bundles, NOT dunnage on the deck of the trailer.

dotpig1a.JPG dotpig1.JPG

So, asking some of probably the most knowledgeable group of people I have access to if I'm right lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Never heard of that either... Id a told that officer to show me in the green book where it says that... Sounds like he just making #### up..

4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    What a prick! I mean I could understand if they were 1x4's or something, but that's just silly.

CAXPT, FerrissWheel, Oxbow and 6 others Thank this.
  5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    That's chicken Sheet and I have never heard of this regulation.

FerrissWheel, Oxbow, Kyle G. and 4 others Thank this.
  6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    And you wonder why ppl don't like cops.

FerrissWheel, Oxbow, Kyle G. and 5 others Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Loaded machinery on hundreds of decks with blocking like that and was never told by a driver that it was incorrect. Sounds like a load of BS to me.

8. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Well looking at it, I can understand why. There is a risk of the board falling over, and making the load unstable. Maybe the troopers way of thinking was that the load wasn't resting on the deck, and it had the spacer between the deck and the load. I never heard of this either, but also never got caught using boards similar to what is in the picture. I learned something new today.

FerrissWheel, cke and Numb Thank this.
  9. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    So al that drill pipe running up and down the road should be flat on the deck?

FerrissWheel, cke, Nostalgic and 2 others Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    If it isnt in the green book it doesnt exist.. Dot officer cant just make up their own rules and write you up...even if they claim its about safety .. Safety isnt breaking the law unless the driver have violated a specific regulation... The worse part is now this driver and company has an out of service violation on their records for no reason at all..i hope they data q this and take that imbecile officer to court ..but we all know neither of those will happen..id like to see what the out of service paperwork has listed under violations.

FerrissWheel, cke, Long FLD and 3 others Thank this.
  11. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    It doesn't surprise me that someone from Allen Lund would help out like that. I went went to high school with his son. They are a good family. Super rich but a gear grinder to his absolute core, when the Old Man passed away he said he wanted to be remembered first and foremost as a trucker. Made me feel good about my profession

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.