3rd times a charm...

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Gottago, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Gottago

Gottago Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    Although I know some who read these forums could care less I just wanted to share that I am engaged to the Angel that stands beside me and always has my back. She said yes! Thank God, I was nervous! Anyway, truckers were like family and the friendships and chatter on the cb was friendly just a short 14 years ago when I started driving. With hopes that the idiots that jam the airwaves with stupidity preventing a fellow driver from getting desperatly needed directions, or making a driver not hear about the brake check around the corner is seen causing this rude inconsiderate mayhem by the biggest meanest, toughest, rip your head off driver their is and gets a good talking to by said driver that missed his exit and almost didn't get shut down without plowing through 4 wheelers because of that idiots lack of respect or concern for the safety of other drivers. Although we will probably never meet, won't be invited to each others houses for turkey day, have respect for each other, help each other out if you can and keep quiet if you can't. We need to stick together or rather we should. Anyway just wanted to share my engagement and maybe help some see what they do hurts others and encourage brotherhood, or familyhood now with all the lady drivers out there now. Keep the rubber side down, it's better that way! meandmine.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats Don't know if I would bother a 3rd time lol heck first one was so short (2yrs) I refer to it as my practice marriage on my second go around now on paper we will have been married 18 year's this coming Oct 8th but been together for 20, hope to get another 20.

4. Gottago

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    Thank you, I guess you could say the 2nd time was like summer school since I didn't get it right the 1st time! It's been 10+ years since the 2nd one so I've had time to make sure the 3rd didn't end up a turd, Ha! Really I'm blessed to have her.

5. SurfingTrucker

SurfingTrucker Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I had to leases (engagements). Congrats. I wish you two the best!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  6. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

When I told my dad 36 years ago I was getting married he said I only have one question for you and it is"Why by a cow when milk is so cheap" HEY good for you

7. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Congrats, wish you two the best sir. have a good weekend.

8. Gottago

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    Why buy the cow when you can get the milk free? Because the bull is getting older and wants his milk cold and brought to him on the couch 10-4...

9. Gottago

Aug 28, 2012
    Burnet, Texas
    No offense Ladyfire, I promise you if she is on the couch and wants a glass of milk I better detour through the kitchen and drop it off on the way back through! Momma don't put up with much.

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  10. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Good luck, but how is this flatbed related?

11. ladyfire

ladyfire Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    None taken. I laughed when I read it-well put. Congratulations!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.