4 days of problems, please help 16' D13

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by NomadNeal, Jan 28, 2022.

1. NomadNeal

NomadNeal Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2022
    Day 1. I started truck as usual but heard a "pop". Then a few minutes later, I get a check engine fault, DTC P24F600. I drive on with no other issues. Day 2. Engine hard to start, check engine light still on. Then pulling out into traffic she begins to shake at low rpm. Downshifting seemed to improve that issue but still an issue. And progressively getting worse. Real bad below a quarter tank of fuel. Stop and fill up created improvement. (Dirty fuel?)
    Day 3. Engine still hard to start. I stop and get some additive/treatment. Added to both tanks, major improvement, shaking almost gone. Changed fuel filter, no difference after.
    Day 4. In cold weather (snow and 28°) engine wouldn't start. Installed new batteries and started truck, not realizing I hadn't reconnected the ecm wire. Now I get (DTC U029D00) and Engine will derate innn 60 min. I disconnect batteries for 30min, connect ALL wires, and restart engine.
    No change. Still getting same message and code. If I'm correct, this code relates to the nox sensors. Now that the ecm is connected, can I just reset the computer and erase the code or will I have to replace the nox sensors due to my error? TIA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    dont need to replace anything the wire on top of batteries supplies power to acm module all u did was disconnect acm not ecm, make sure to check inline 30 amp fuse if its blown should also see def gauge would read empty if no power to acm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.