4 years experienced driver, CRST recruiting, life happens

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NomadicVeteran0713, Aug 7, 2021.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    As that's not actually in the link I gave, mind sharing where you got it from?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    The text message sent was direct and to the point, not rude. Purty much par for the course as it pertains to Crusty.

The stuffed shirt who sent you this text message is just that, a stuffed shirt. Someone who is beholden to company that cares nothing for its drivers.

I'm surprised that you have four years driving experience without knowledge of Crusty's nasty reputation.

But you are right about being in demand. Set your sites higher.

4. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    While there is some entertaining,creative reading in this thread. Most all valid points. Its sad to add that CRST owns Malone. Anyone in the steel industry should know Malone as a old company and mostly respected. I am told by owner ops they are left as Crst Malone trucks mostly before. Corp has not moved in micro managing yet.

These megas only exist because we allow them to.

You guys should see how many company's CRST owns. Some of you have or do work for them.

Dude was hot and didn't wanna stay for the pTest.

5. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's just the definition of refusal. That's not the same thing as it's written directly in the regs that leaving a secure area and having a job offer is a refusal for pre employment.
    I'm on my phone now so can't really copy/paste the regs, but if you care to do a bit of looking you'll find it.
    There was also a fairly good thread a couple months ago where a company owner was asking about it.

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I didn't keep the pen, because I thought it was a shrewd business move.

That decision keeps me up some nights.

JoeyJunk, mjd4277, TB John and 3 others Thank this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I had the same problem when I had to decide whether to offer the "flying godess" or the "angry duck" hood ornament. I just decided to go with my gut instinct and go with the "angry duck". I sleep well at night.

9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I was going to say...if you went with anything other than the angry duck, I was gonna turn in my truck.

10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I KNEW that you not only had business savy, but also exquisite taste in truck aesthetics.

11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I don't have much going for me, but I got that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.