4000 miles a week

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by pattyj, Feb 16, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

I DO have guy's (and one gal) that do it ONCE in a while, BUT all the stars have to line up perfect, and to be honest I don't like to see it, because to me it means they are probably cutting corners somewhere.

To do it week, after week, after week, that is looking for trouble.

4. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Yes...Especially in that area with a truck that can do the speed limit...I got that with last company running from Elizabethtown, KY to Maple Grove, MN and back...Something that helped that was the fact we only had one stop...We took out full ink totes and was reloaded, at same stop with the empties from last trip so only one stop per 1700 miles of running...I would do 2 of those a week than a short one and wallah, 4000+!...I was on paper and could jig if needed but that route didn't require it during non-winter months...MAYBE one open scale each way, maybe, usually none(65>74>39>94)...

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ya I would say that's a bit much.I did the math and that's 800 miles a day a 5 day work week.

6. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    My log book would be so messed up because id be too tired trying to fix it,lol.

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

a white volvo out of Chicagoland:biggrin_2558: would likely ask WHATS A LOGBOOK

Lepton1, RACEFAN, Hammer166 and 5 others Thank this.
  9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

It was 5 and a very short 6th for me, or 5 when I wanted to get home sooner for some reason...I would set cruise for 4mph over speed limit...You won't do those miles, legally, in all areas of the country and with all trucks, you need open space(midwest Iowa region is fine) and a truck that can do 70-75mph...You don't have hills and very few scales...Takes a few things to come together, and they must for it to be legal, but it's possible...

Tonythetruckerdude and truckon Thank this.
  10. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    Weather conditions: Perfect

Road conditions: Perfect

Traffic conditions: Perfect

Scales: Are you kidding? :shock:

5.25 hrs = 7 days of logged pre trip time plus mandated 30 min break. Leaves 64.75 of drive time to do it in.

Speed would have to average 61.77 mph every hour, every day.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Like I said, it does happen, usually on a coast turnaround, loaded from the East coast on Sat, and then parked sat. night Sunday for full reset, Monday morning heading for left coast, no stops/drops/pickups, hit the left coast, do drop (all same place) then load (all same place) and head for wherever, by 3pm on sat, you will have burnt your 70 and will be starting another full reset.

Oh yeah, we are on E-Logs!

lmcclure1220, pattyj and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.