48,500 Loves points GONE

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by drivingmissdaisy, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    It kind of surprises me too, but no doubt, I am happy you got your points back.

If this was a glitch in their system or if someone stole/scammed your points, I would have had no doubt they would return your points. But, if they expired.. that does surprise me that they reinstated them.

Glad it worked out for you. Kudos to Loves for returning them in this case.

mjd4277 and drivingmissdaisy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I was shot 6 times point blank. My left arm will never be the same nor will my right big toe. But other than that, I'm back in the saddle again.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  4. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    They expired, but through no fault of my own. It's not like I just stopped using the card or quit my job and the points disappeared like that. They vanished because I was unable to work for 8 months due to being shot on the job. Those are known as "extenuating circumstances". In other words, weird #### that doesn't happen every day and was no fault of the driver.

I honestly would have lost all respect for Loves had they not returned my points. We use them exclusively for all fuelings for a fleet of over 200 trucks. I couldn't imagine them telling me to get bent with almost 500 dollars of points that I'd earned over the years.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes most of those companies that have that kind of deal will have something written in the fine print, the same goes for those airline frequent flyerpoints, same deal there was a period of time where I did not fly for about 1 year that was enough to lose not only my Gold card status but all my points I was so annoyed, there was no way to get them back unfortunately, so those are the rules yeah I understand your situation though as you were not able to drive for 6 months, if you had 45 000 points that's only about $45 worth or was it $450? At 1 c per point value yeah that'd be $450 yes I suppose you could buy a few goodies with that amount of credit. The key was to go and spend that before your 6 months was up I'm sure that'll be the response that "Loves" will give you or in future just read the fine print. As there will always be some written somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    It amounted to $480 in points

7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Best to quickly get those points used up. Some geek at the office might decide they were expired and void them again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.