48Packard's Crete thread....

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 48Packard, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah...I walked in a little while ago and asked how it was going. Short, round fella with a purple and black striped shirt and black Dickies. I took a brief look at the vending machines before deciding it was all too healthy for me! :biggrin_2559:

I'm in my truck right now....may pop up there in a bit. Gotta do some laundry for the clothes and myself....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Probably. Last time I was here, I went to Speedco. I've got an air leak in the cab air suspension they'll address tomorrow as well, but it looks like Speedco for the B, which is perfectly fine and dandy with me. I was in and out in under two hours last time.

4. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Yeah mines a freightliner problem so I gotta wait for him to take a look at it

5. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Okie Dokie....truck is serviced....air leak fixed....new wiper blades.

No empties.

Three outta four ain't bad!

On the plus side of the ledger, had the pleasure of hanging out with jezter5677 a good portion of the day. And we came to some startling conclusions:

1. We have a combined total of about 16 rolls of electrical tape, unintentionally stashed in various crevices in our trucks.
    2. That, having uncovered this statistic, we have both been here at Wilmer too long...especially him, as he is stuck with a FL-specific problem. Hoping he is able to escape tomorrow. Had a few laughs, swapped a few lies....you know, the regular stuff! Made the day go a bit faster.

I also got word today that I am officially a member of the Marietta terminal now, as Spartanburg is closing the 26th. There were some good people there at Spartanburg, and I appreciate their help, especially LeAnn. Her assistance and sense of humor was always a pleasure to receive.

6. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    don't forget the 287 little bungie cords

48Packard Thanks this.
  7. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Been a bit busy 'round here. Ran from TX to New Century, KS....then KC to MN, now wrapping up a nearly 1400-miler from Wisconsin to eastern MA. Turned in 3100 miles last week, and starting with that 1400 this week. Headed home Friday or Saturday, and have about 8 or 9 hours each day to work, so this week may be a little off, but it's all OK right now.

Except for the fighting with my wife for the last four days....kinda puts a damper on things....:biggrin_25510:

8. kirk32216

kirk32216 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2012
    hey packard who was your last am was her name kim .. sorry to hear about the fighting been there but it gets better

9. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Hey 48, Nik said to tell you 'Hey', and you had me laughing about 'the power' in that other thread. . . didn't get to comment there, as they closed it.

48Packard Thanks this.
  10. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Nope...Vicki. She's in customer service now, and I suspect she may have been dragged into an AM position from a CS position. I think there were a number of AMs that were pulled in from other departments for whatever reason, then shuttled back to other positions as they were found to not be able to handle the job (which is a tough one....make no mistake about it!). Crete's approach to getting the AM program on track was throwing a large amount of organic material against the nearest erect flat surface, then see what clung.

If ya know what I mean.....

11. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    And tell him "Hey" right back! And as someone who is on his third marriage, I understand power and who controls it!

Almost forgot to update my situation. Got the 1400-miler off this morning, only to find the computers in Lincoln were having a less-than-stellar Monday. OK....they didn't work. Loaded and empty calls were having to be entered manually by the Asset Mgrs, and all this following a six-hour "system down" Saturday night for some "upgrades". Uh, OK.

Anyway....my next load is just over 1000 miles, and takes me to SC on Thursday morning. So, I may be home Thursday, or perhaps Friday if they find me a little shorty to run. Doesn't matter to me. I can say I'm pretty happy with the way things are going at present, now that Lincoln is finally working through the issues they had transitioning to Asset Managers.

Lilbit Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.