48Packard's Crete thread....

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 48Packard, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Let me catch up here just a bit....October was my first full month on my AMs board, and not only did I get my first 10k month at Crete, but I broke 11k, so to say I'm satisfied is a bit of an understatement. Don't have the official number yet, but it looks like around 11,300. That is about 1400 better than my previous best here.

On a 34 right now...getting a trailer serviced at New Kingstown, then continuing my trek to Orangeburg, NY for delivery Tuesday morning at 0800. That'll put me at 1750 with the rest of the week to go. Only got 1300 last week, but that included hometime.

Crete posted official numbers for October this morning. My month was 11,161 miles. Still my best month by about 1200 miles. November could be a little screwy with hometime and Thanksgiving, but so far, my new AM is doing the job.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Solidarity

Solidarity Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Chesapeake Va
    Crete has a Video on you tube showing the full physical and what is required of new hires to pass

4. porkchopz

porkchopz Bobtail Member

Hey guys... waiting on one last reference to start at Crete... (my driving school reference,but theyre closed til the 2nd for Christmas break, lol) but anyway... I was curious about some of you guys posting miles here. What divisions do you run? My recruiter says I have 3 choices, 6 day regional (she says max 2500 miles a week), 12 day regional (says minimum 2400 miles a week) and 21 otr (which I just assumed is higher than the 12 day...?) Just curious is all... of course I do not completely believe her and am sure I will have weeks below what she stated once I get done the 8 week training and get a truck. Just curious if any of y'all are running any of those regional routes and how it's working out for you? I live in the eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and as such, would be dispatched for the eastern stuff.

Thanks in advance... I am excited about starting there soon. I think it's my best option fresh out of school. I don't know if it's the smartest calculation but I mostly based that decision off of the training offered at Crete in comparison to the other companies I was looking at... I guess I'll find out! lol... I think if the 12 day regional really gets no less than 2400 miles a week, that will be my choice, love to hear y'alls input!

5. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA

You will most likely get the highest miles on the 21 day out. It all really depends what you are looking for. I imagine the numbers you listed are best case scenario. Most of the drivers I've talked to on the regional runs have went back to the 21 day sure to needing more miles. I've been here since 9/08 doing the 21 day plan and have been as pleased as you can be being away from friends/family for weeks at a time. I've averaged around 10500 miles/month, some a little less, some a little more. Good luck on your career path.

6. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    If you check my old thread you should get a pretty good idea about what to expect but bowlwinkle's numbers for about 10.5 K a month is a good estimate in my opinion as well. Just coming out of school I think Crete would be one of the best jobs to snag, I wish I would have had that option as I would have made several more thousand my first year of driving. Best of luck on your new career. Keep your driving record clean and try to maintain a good, tranquil attitude and you should be fine.

7. pick

pick Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2011
    the desert North of Ellay
    Happy New Year to all you Crete drivers!! Question for you all, maybe 2 lol!! - 1) Weekly cost of benefits for a husband and wife, any ideas? 2) Does Crete have a mandatory chain-up and run policy in OR/CA/NV or wherever chain controls go up?

TIA!!

Later

pick

8. slowride69101

slowride69101 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I live in Tampa and considering coming on. where is parking required? at terminal or home? Thx in adv.

9. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Drivers can take the truck home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.