5 confirmed deceased

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Gatordude, Jul 3, 2021.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    That’s a job best left to Arizona DPS when they finish their investigation. And it’ll be an ugly truth-sometimes the truth hurts!

Bud A. and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well legally it was her fault…she made an ILLEGAL u-turn..sometimes when you do stupid things, stupid things happen with bad consequences…

Bud A., Dave_in_AZ, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Defensive driving, which is what you are describing and was fortunate enough to keep you out of trouble (thank you for that) is simply not enough in the current transportation world.
    You and I (I started driving in 1976, 4 million accident free by 2020 when I gave it up) began our careers with an interstate highway system that had the same number of lane miles, but half the number of vehicles. Every high school in the nation had some sort of driver education program. And of course this mobile device distracted driving. The worst thing you and I had to watch for is some girl putting on her makeup in the mirror. Or a drunk.
    When I taught the Smith System defensive driving course while a supervisor at Penske in 1997, the number of "incursions" into our drivers path was finite and somewhat predictable. Not now.
    And the stats don't tell the story. The number of fatalities is down because of the passive safety equipment in most vehicles, seat belt usage, air bags, anti lock brakes, crumple zones etc. But the number of crashes is way up. You can check the stats within the insurance industry, or even anecdotal evidence like the number of damaged vehicles a wholesaler like CoPart sells is far higher relative to the number of registrations than it was 40 years ago.
    Like you, I am glad I am out of it. But the public is willing to accept the carnage on the altar of "free shipping"

Bud A., 201, mjd4277 and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    You're just one of those know it all truckers looking down on others, you may have 3 million miles but i doubt it was squeaky clean as you claim.....

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Look, I don't have to prove anything to you. I'm proud of my record, and yes it is that clean. After that initial accident 1 month in, in the next 34.11 years, I didn't so much as put a scratch in a truck, bumpers excluded. Can you make that claim?

7. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Lots of truckers gloat and inflate the truth to puff themselves up.......doesn't mean you can judge others because not every situation is the same as yours.....this driver was not responsible and this was unpreventable unless the driver had ESP or is a psychic.....just wanna hear your explanation how he was supposed to avoid an idiot doing a u-turn into his path???

Bud A., drvrtech77 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  8. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Ok since we don’t have ALL of the exact details of what happened here let’s say, you’re driving down the eastbound right lane minding your own business you’re approaching a crossover and there’s two cars in the westbound left lane with no turn signals on also approaching the crossover. What would you do?
    No I don’t have your record, I haven’t been driving that long. I got my Cdl in 2005 bought my own truck in 2012 (still drive it daily under my own authority). In the entire time I’ve had a driver’s license I have been involved in one accident (non injury) and received one moving violation.

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Not sure why I'm wasting time with you, let's remember, these "idiots" are or was, someones family that are dead now. I believe, a collision from the rear, the person running into another, is always that persons fault. It was my job not to run into anything, something that's taken far too lightly today. and yes, being a truck driver, with the ability to kill someone, you have to have some degree of ESP. If this happened 30 years ago, and it rarely did that I saw, it would be an unusual occurrence, but today, with drivers overdriving their trucks, like I say, if this driver didn't run into this car, they would be in the next mega pileup, guaranteed. I'm not that vain, of course something like this can happen, but as a truck driver, I never forgot it happens fast, and this driver wasn't ready for it.

10. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    IF Truck Driver was running on Cruise at 75+, incident may well have NOT happened.
    IF Truck Driver was rolling at 68, incident may well have been less or none.

One thing is For Sure: Truck Driver most assuredly suffered Emotional, Mental (Psychological) and possibly Physical Damages.
    NO DRIVER EVER COULD OR WILL "SEE INTO THE FUTURE AND ALTER COURSE"!!
    If such were the case, WE would have significantly LESS FATAL Accidents/Wrecks!!

Truck Driver NOT AT FAULT!!
    End Of Story!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.