5 felonies with Class A CDL and 9 months of experience

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lambo079, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Notsonewtrucker

Notsonewtrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    A lot will depend on you and how you present yourself. Come across like a ghetto hood rat, dressed in a jersey with your pants off your ### and expect to get shown the door or if they are nice,.. just a thank you, have a nice day.

Clean yourself up. Nice hair cut, button up shirt tucked in with a belt on your pants and proper shoes or boots. You need to have a spotless driving record as well. As in nothing,.. zero. If for any reason you are suspected of being an insurance risk,.. forget it.

Personally,.. if your working now,.. I would suck it up for a few years. Show some fortitude and commitment. Then after 3 - 4 yrs of consecutive employment with a spotless record. Then try moving on to something better.

Not to sound like a jerk, but if you start job hopping around now it shows lack of commitment and the only people who are going to hire you are going to pull your pants down and lube you up a bit. And not for penetration either.

Understand in this type of career your record is everything. Your license is your livelihood. No recreational bad habits. No "Incidents". Nothing,.. you need to prove you can handle responsibility so when someone looks at your record,.. they see nothing but rose peddles and pink bunny rabbits.

The other option is to find another line of work. Trade school, or BA degree and try another career path. Union electricians, plumbers, welders, carpenters, masons,.. they all earn a good living. Nothing to be shamed of.

Hurst

Maj. Jackhole and Gunner75 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Notsonewtrucker
    Try these:
    Milan Express
    Benny Whitehead Trucking
    Abilene Motor Express
    MCT Transportation
    Freymiller
    Armellini Express
    Senn Freight Lines
    USA Truck
    TransAm - 2nd chance/last chance reputation.
    Fastenal - this is a real good job. They do hire new grads, so anything you see about experience needed is out of date.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Unless they are the same person,.. he hijacked the OP's thread. Thats why I have not responded.

Hurst

buddyd157 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Notsonewtrucker

Feb 27, 2018
    Nice, im not that type, im a clean man, never uses drug of any kind , clean cut and I don't shaggy like a n** out there. A family man, with H vac trade backed up

7. Justonelittlezerg

Justonelittlezerg Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Roadtex will hire u for sure, they specialize in this kknda cases

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Notsonewtrucker

Feb 27, 2018
    I just read roadtec reviews, lol im no rookie, and I refuse going new York , they don't pay me enough.No detention pay, no layover , poor equipment, I passed.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Look for local companies. Most aren't worried about criminal records unless you're a killer or rapist.

10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Like this special case?

11. Notsonewtrucker

Feb 27, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.