5 months in, need a new company.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by travelsizegirl, Dec 28, 2017.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    How does the saying go "Patience is a virtue" or something of that nature while it may seem like a bad attitude could very well seem ok if you go somewhere else and find there even worse you'll wish you were back at Swift. Or as the other saying goes "Better the Devil you know than the one you don't" i'd try very hard to put up with it at least for the time being or at least for the next 6 months which will then give you 12 months experience as a team then you could basically name your price and go where you want and work for who ever you please, think of it like a marriage would you want a divorce if your partner had a disagreement with you in the first 6 months? Or would you stick it out and try and work on the relationship? After all even with work it is still a relationship as well and how much you want it to work really depends on how much you value your working relationship.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Ok this gal is getting a lot of help on a normally grumpy forum. Amazing! Could that by any way be because she’s got a cute name and avatar..?

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Best advice so far is from Captain Dave.

5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    What name? :laughing-guffaw:

Your avatar is cuter than her's. :love5:

Seriously.... I do think part of it is helping a refugee from Swift. :biggrin_25522:

6. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I don't care what they "look" like etc. I care if there safe, if they want to do the job, if there stand up people etc. I also know the market is hot for teams on reefer. They are pretty new but I'm willing to guide and teach. There not a number to me. I am willing to spend a lot of money on them. It's got to be a win win for all

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Be careful with that vacation offer. They might pick an exotic place, like Cucamonga. :laughing-guffaw:
    Forget the lowlife spots, like Dubai. :wave:

SingingWolf and CaptainDaveG Thank this.
  8. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I'd normally pick a 7 day cruise. I'd pay it all but they got a dog so....if they do 500 k to the truck I'm open for big vacation. Heck they do that I'm buying them a new rig every
    2 years.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

SingingWolf and WesternPlains Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's a slow day.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I never received any reefer specific instruction while I was with trainers. It was covered during orientation and in the employee handbook. There are only 3 controls we use anyway.

Tb0n3, SingingWolf and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    There are drivers who feel the same way about their trucks. If it starts that means all the fluid levels are good.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.